PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

northbound
08-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi. I am a 52 year old wife and mom of two active teenagers. I lost 35 lbs. on HCG two years ago but regained it and then some because I didn't do my part. I started at 214 in Sept. 2011 and ended at 179 in October. Gained a few pounds during Christmas, but lost it after a 2nd round in May 2012. I felt looked and felt great because I was living healthy. I exercised consistently during maintenance - but then went on a family vacation with a host of aunts and uncles who specialize in Italian dishes, and things went downhill from there. My Father became ill in February 2013, I started menopause, and ballooned up to 222 this past Monday. Enough is enough and I'm done. I visited my nutritionist and restarted the HCG injections, loaded Tues & Wed, and am now at 219.6 on day four (from 1st load day). We'll be out of the country in October, so this will be a 17-day round to allow enough time for maintenance before we leave. I'll pick up where I left off when we return. The good news is, failure can be the best teacher. Having lived with the best and worst in myself, I want and appreciate the best in me enough now to follow the protocol with the same determination and zeal as I did in 2011. The mindset to do it is back. The wonderful thing I have now that I didn't before is this forum. Reading your success stories and how so many of you pushed through your own roadblocks is a great motivator. Knowing I have a safe place to come and ask questions instead of calling my nutritionist will make this journey less frustrating because others are walking it with me.

denise0
08-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi Northbound,
I am keeping a Journal on here and it is helping me tremendously. Go to the Journal section to ask for help there are some seasoned HCG ladies there. My Journey is posted there. This is R3 P2 for me. I am on VLCD 14.

NWHiker
08-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome Northbound! You absolutely found the right site for info and support. Like Denise said, if you start a journal in the "journals" threads you will get more input and answers to any questions.

3 lbs down already! That's great!

Sherri

northbound
08-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks Ladies! I will definitely start the journal!