PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

ArmyWife02
09-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

I thought I would jump in and introduce myself, so here it goes ;)

I'm Crystal, a 33 year old part time SAHM. I work part time in my best friend's Children's Boutique while my son who is 9 years old is at school. It's fun and gives me something to do during the day and helps me to know that I'm contributing in a small way even if it's just fun money for my family. I'm a proud Army wife for over 12 years now. My husband has been in for 15 years and we have been together pretty much that entire time. I was an Army Brat growing up so this lifestyle is nothing new to me and I have enjoyed every bit of it even in the bad times.

I have had weight issues all my life, going up and down in weight a long the years. I'm 5' 7" and at my smallest I was 140lbs which is a comfortable weight for me. I had reached this weight through Adkins lifestyle, I was 17 at the time and stated at 198lbs, it took me about 3.5 months to lose that weight so it was pretty quickly. I managed to maintain the loss for 6 years and only gaining 5lbs throughout that time, so it can be maintained with a sensible lifestyle I know. After I had my son though I lost my father 1 month later to cancer, I was devastated and my weight ballooned up. I did take some off for awhile and then put it back on about a year later. It's been easy to focus on my eating during deployments because it was either just me before my son came a long or it was me and him and with him being little at those times I was still able to focus on eating better and watching what I ate. My husband loves food lol so when he is home it's very hard on me because I find myself just eating whatever like he does. He has always been wonderful and never judged me even at my biggest, 230lbs. He himself struggles now since he is older with weight problems even though he works out religiously. So he understands the struggles I have. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful guy <3

I'll fast forward to why I'm here and it's the same reason others are, I need to lose this weight for good. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would try the HCG diet but I guess when you become desperate enough, you'll do just about anything. This actually all started with my husband. He will have an APFT in October and even as he as been working hard to be able to pass it he is still struggling. He has never failed a weigh in or fitness test but as of now he is cutting the weigh in close for his age. Another soldier he knows from work started doing injections and had lost 15lbs in 8 days and my husband was so shocked that he wanted to know more. So after talking with this guy he comes home and tells me about it. We started researching night and day pretty much for about 4 days just to know how HCG worked and the options of how to take the hormone. After several days we decided on drops first. We researched how to tell what the best and strongest form of the drops what be, (thanks to this forum btw for helping us know what to look for) so we found what seemed to meet the requirements for the truest form you could get and we purchased them. I started my R1 P1 load day on 8/29/14. I loaded for 2 days and started P2 VLCD 1 on 8/31/14 after loading my starting weight was 216.5 I gained 2 lbs from loading. I'm now on VLCD 2 and my weight this morning was 212.0 I lost 4.5 lbs the first day! I realize that I may not lose much tomorrow or the next though but what a great way to come out of the gate! Loading days were hard for me, I felt miserable. Day 1 of VLCD was a little tough I was grouchy and hungry lol but today has not been that bad, much better than yesterday for sure. As for the hubby, he is a day behind me so we will see what his weight loss is tomorrow morning. He will be doing 800 calories though because he still needs to keep up his workout for his PT test. So hopefully he will be ok. He needs to lose about 15lbs before October 10 so we are praying this works. I think he is doing a 20 day round and I will be doing a 40 day.

I'm so happy that I found this forum, it's nice having hubby go through this with me but it helps even more knowing that others are doing this as well and seeing success.

I look forward to meeting some of you and watching as your journey turns to a happy ending ;)

Crystal

CpHopkins
09-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi Crystal,
Welcome!! It's nice to have support from the hubby, even better when he's on the same plan.
We all have started Journals, and that's how we keep in touch with each other - so I would recommed you start a journal.
Hope you have a great day and happy losses!!

xxaimsxx
09-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Hi Crystal!

Welcome aboard! Excited to have you on here and how exciting is it to be doing this with your husband. I think that would help a lot with the eating for sure!

You should journal daily here: http://www.hcgweightloss.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Most of us create our own journal in that thread so we can keep up to date with everyone.

Good luck! How long are you guys planning to do the round for?

Amy

JonesCrow
10-16-2014, 12:41 AM
Welcome all new members here.
I am also new here and want to get some ideas and information . I hope you all feeling nice to keep stay here,.