PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Potato Salad

pat
07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Its kind of funny that we have barely any recipes in our p4 recipe section. I hope that we arent all abandoning once we hit p4 or just staying on p3 for life LOL

Anyways I made something super delicious today and thought Id share... I made some bbq pulled pork for a work even thursday and have some left over as well as some left over pineapple and I couldnt really decide what to do with it (because I really dont want to eat a bazillion pulled pork sandwhiches haha...

Anyways I REALLY recommend this as opposed to regular potato salad at your next BBQ. My recipe serves two or three people, you would probably want to make a bit mor ethen I did.

Sweet Potato Salad:

Ingredients
1 Large Sweet Potato
1 cup Fresh Pineapple
1/4 cup Mayo (Olive oil mayo would work too with less fat )
1 tsp Mustard (dijon or regular)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Whey Low Gold or Brown Sugar

Directions
Peel and cut the sweet potato into bitesized cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in 375 degree oven until tender (about 30-45 minutes).

Cut pineapple into bitesize cunks as well. In a skillet over medium heat sprinkle your pineapple chunks with the brown sugar or wheylow gold and a light dusting of cinnamon. Cook until lightly golden on all sides and fragrant turning frequently to prevent burning.

Mix the cooked potato and pineapple together and allow to cool to room temperature. In a small container combine mayo and mustard. Finally mix the mayo mixture into your potato and pineapples and stir combination until everything is evenly coated.

Enjoy with your favorite summer barbeque!

Bentons
06-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi pat,
Thanks for sharing sweet potato salad recipe with everyone.
I was looking for salad recipes and luckily found all ingredients in my kitchen. I will try this recipe in the evening.