PDA

View Full Version : Sodium Weight Gain

angyltears
07-21-2010, 12:40 PM
So for the past few days, I've been going over the 500 limit and still losing a good amount of weight... BUT yesterday I had chicken broth 25 calories worth, and drank more water than normal hoping to compensate for it and I ended up gaining weight. Can I hope to have a bigger drop than normal when I weigh in tomorrow after the sodium and extra water is out or do you think it caused me to stall for the day? I did weigh in an hour earlier than usual if that matters at all...

Deborah
07-22-2010, 02:51 PM
high sodium intakes can cause you stall or gain weight since it causes your body to retain water. so you should stay away from the food with high sodium content. You will probably lose the water weight gain in the following couple of days if you are not overdoing the amount of sodium again. Good luck!

angyltears
07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah... had the sodium on tues, gained two pounds on weds, then today I found that I had lost .6 of a pound from my weight before the sodium. I will NOT be repeating that mistake again that's for sure!

Deborah
07-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi - I just read your HCG weight loss journal and you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work, girl :)

Baird5
06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi guys,..
Sodium makes me bloat hugely and visibly, Im nursing a fat stomach of bloat right now from having chinese at the weekend,....

lilbit
06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
try to use ms. dash instead of salt.
i cant handle salt either so ms dash actually adds flavor with out the problem
is all herbs no msg and they have many flavor options

xxaimsxx
06-01-2011, 12:22 PM
yeah i stalled for 3 days over the weekend using chicken broth as well..but i used it all 3 days for lunch and dinner wo watering it down.

syllvka
06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm keeping my food simple, meat (grilled or broiled) +one type of veggie (sometimes i sprinkle it with some salt)+ apple or grapefruit or few strawberries, the only seasoning i use is a bit of sea salt when i want to spice things up i use cayene pepper and if i want to go totally crazy i use some black pepper - lol. that's all i use and that's all i need. after a week of this clean eating i appreciate the flavor of each individual food and i love it! :D no sauces, no broths, no stress

xxaimsxx
06-15-2011, 05:36 PM
** like!! ** haha

no sauces, no broths, no stress

Devinn
07-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Well,nice post...Thanks for sharing useful information ...I really like this kind of informative post...Please keep sharing like these useful information with us...!

queen111
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello All,

I am really trying to stop eating but I am starving. What can 6 days in and only two ponds are gone???? What can I do?

shannon
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Queen are you following Dr. Simeons' protocol to the tee? Drinking at least a gallon of water a day? What are you eating for your meals?

AliveNside
09-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I know it's likely the salt in the broth is causing the trouble, but I'm not fully convinced. I LOVE salt. I put it in mass quantities on everything-- and I've never stalled from it, not once. BUT, the original protocol did not include chicken broth. I get that it makes sense that people use it-- but it's not on the original protocol, and they had broth back in Simeon's time. I guess I'm saying, for me, the salt doesn't ever cause stalls or gains and the chicken broth is a no-no, no matter how many people use it successfully. I'm suspicious of the things people are eating because they are "kind of" on the protocol: pickles, broth, flavored stevia.... the list is huge of stuff that people swear is on the protocol, even though Dr. Simeon didn't include them. Maybe I'm missing out (gosh, that flavored stevia sounds SO tempting)... but then again, my Round 1 was fantastic including the stabilizing.

My opinion and experience says: "If it's not on the protocol, then don't eat it". But, as we all have learned from each other, one woman's "no-no" can be another woman's "heck yes"

reetpeteet
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I think what's happened is that alot of the things we have today didn't exist when Dr. Simeons published this protocol in the 50's, so some people are 'experimenting'. I'm sticking to the original as well (if it ain't broke...). As for the salt...like Alive, I never really had issues either, but gave up table salt for Himalayan salt, which actually contains beneficial minerals, so you may want to give that a try.