PDA

View Full Version : Best P2 Chicken Soup Meal Ever

jimr
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I made the most scrumptious chicken soup ever!!!!. I made 4 servings at once, froze 2 and kept 2 for the two following days. Its actually very filling too.

Soup and veggie part-
The soup starts with a quart of organic fat free chicken broth. I cut up a whole onion, (each serving i counted the onion as athe vegetable serving, probably a little under serving size, but made up with few extra soup calories) a huge amount of chopped up dill (thats the secret) and pepper, celeray salt. Bring it to a boil then simmer it for 15 minutes. Then turn up the heat again to a slow boil.
For the chicken part-
I used ground up chicken, celeray salt,onion powder, garlic powder,and pepper, and rolled them into little balls and put them into the boiling soup and cooked them for 20 minutes. Once cooked, I weighed out 3.5 oz each of the little "chicken balls" for each serving of the soup.Thats it. Oh my, with my bread stick, it was like Passover with little chicken balls instead of the matzoa balls. SO delish. Let me know if any of you guys make it and love it.

Susan
11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Cool, I am gonna try it ...