PDA

View Full Version : Just what is an "acceptable" quantity?

DakotaRose
08-16-2010, 04:22 PM
My instruction book says to eat an acceptable quantity of vegetables. What would an acceptable quantity of tomatoes, asparagus, cucumbers and green beans be?
Proteins are listed as 100 grams. Fruits are pretty much laid out by size and count.
Vegetables are a gray area!
Thanks!

Phyllis
08-16-2010, 09:48 PM
This is what I got off a web site and I have been following it to the letter. I have lost 20 pounds in 19 days
just remember do not eat the foods that are not in bold print until phase 3. I was unable to put and paste. If you send me your email I will email you the list.

Catch
08-10-2011, 01:36 AM
You should only eat one vegetable at a time. Asparagus, greens, cabbage, chard, cucumber, celery, lettuce, spinach, onions, radish- all two cups. Tomato (one cup). No green beans! I was told by a doctor to not mix them, cause I wanted to make a soup. I ended up making different veggie creamed soups- asparagus, celery, and tomato. Found a veggie broth mix that had no oil in it to mix with water. This made me feel like I was eating more, cause eating them by themselves gets really boring! I made lots of salads though. You do need some green stuff to help with your bowels, so don't skim on them.

TJayLynn
08-10-2011, 06:45 AM
You need to get as close to 500 calories as possible, I figure out my two proteins for the day and my two fruits and subtract the calories form my 500 and then figure out how many calories I can have for a veg for the day. I have a cheat sheet with all the allowed foods and their calories by 100g increments to help me from having to look it up every time I eat.

ashuhhley
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I do the same thing TJ does. My doctor told me it was unnecessary and that handfuls would be acceptable. Everything should be 1 handful but lettuce can be two. I told her if I knew what a handful was I wouldn't be doing this diet ahahaa.

JenJen
08-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Catch,
Is that two cups prior to cooking them? Spinach cooks down alot, so is it two cups before or after I cook it down?
Thanks!

TJayLynn
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
ash I love it, if I knew what a handful was I would not be doing this diet. Baahaaahaa
I measure everything in 100g and put them in baggies when i bring them home from the store. That way I can grab a bag and I know how many calories are in the bag.

liblou09
02-11-2012, 01:33 PM
can u send me this cheat sheet timdsgal@yahoo.com