PDA

View Full Version : work nights

Leslie
10-15-2010, 09:19 AM
This is my first post, but I love this site! My problem is that I work night shift (6:45p to 6:45a) and I am having a hard time with weighing. I weigh when I get home in the morning just to "see". I also weigh when I get up, about 4-5 hours later. There are days where I weigh more or less than the day before. Here is the stumper..I weighed myself after work and lost weight then I went right to bed. When I got up 4 hours later why did the scale say I gained 2lbs!!! Really?? All I did was sleep!!!! Does not getting enough sleep play into this, as I usually don't get more then 6hrs and that is a good day! I have 2 weeks left before I hit P3 and I don't know how I will know if I need to do a apple or steak day. I am getting really nervous about getting off the 500cal phase. Any in sight would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Leslie

fiddle
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
well what I heard from my doctor is that give your daily weighing a miss if you had a bad sleep the night before.

delta78
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
You should weigh after sleeping 7-8 hours. It's normal if you do not get a good night's sleep, you will lose less weight, but then it will come down in about an hour if you don't eat or drink. You will eventually see a pattern. Find the time/pattern that will work for you and log your weights daily. good luck!

heavey guy
12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Your weight will change thought the day. I only weigh myself on Sundays right before church. I like to weigh my self at the same time once a week to give my self less stress. If you are going to weigh yourself everyday you need to do it at the same time of the day. This will help give you a better idea of your weight.

Amery
03-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Your work routine is very tough and it is quite difficult to make a plan for the
exercise and it is more tough to follow that plan for the weight loss.

Brandan
05-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Leslie,
Best time to weight is early morning and before eating anything. As you work late night so you can exercise in day timing.
Set your routine and start exercise and try to be regular to reduce and maintain your weight.

Fly4ALivin
06-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh boy, I sure know what you mean. It's not unusual for me to work 15 hours and be up for 20 hours.

My shifts change every day. I was jumping on the scale a lot, but now I'm trying to limit it to a day after a somewhat normal schedule.

I go more by how my clothes fit when I can't get a good weigh in. My loose watch is a good indicator for me.

Good luck.

Bentons
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Hello Leslie,
Considering your time table I will recommend you to join gym and do exercise in night.
Meanwhile do take more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet plan. Avoid soda, diet soda and tetra juices and drink fresh juices and water.

dollykaryn
09-02-2011, 03:25 AM
when i do not get enough sleep, I become irritated and eager to eat food, that's too bad.