* 1 onion, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

Directions

1. Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.

2. Remove chicken breasts and onion from pan and pour out any remaining oil. Add balsamic vinegar to the pan to deglaze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deglazing_%28cooking%29) the pan.

3. Return chicken and onions to the pan along with the tomatoes, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.

** Note: I added one packet of stevia to take a little tartness from the tomatoes. My wife and I enjoyed the dish very much and will be adding it to our meal rotation.

Susan
02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks for this hcg diet recipe!!!

tamaca
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
yum! are you omitting the olive oil for P2?

frwrx
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
You could omit the olive oil and the onions and it would still be a great P2 meal.

This evening we substituted green peppers for the onions and beef steak for the chicken. It was incredible!!

pat0238
02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
This recipe sounds really delicious. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime soon. I really need to get on the stick about losing weight and foods like this (that actually sound appetizing) might be the kick start I need. Thanks for sharing!