PDA

View Full Version : P4 How do we do it??

sunsheyene
03-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I would love to hear from anyone who has transitioned into P4 and how they are doing. I am enter P4 next week and am not sure what to do.

Do we basically stay on P3 for life? I would like to add some grains back into my diet, things like quality steel cut oats, brown rice, etc. But it seems as though they are so taboo!

HELP!

heythere
03-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Here is a link to help.
http://www.hcgweightloss.com/doc/PHASE_3_HCG_Basics_Quick_Reference_Guide.pdf

jimr
03-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I found this detailed steps for P4 online, hope it helps!

After 3 wks of no sugar or no starch, it's time to start to re-introduce new foods. Again, if you have a suspicion that you might be sensitive to something, it's best to add that food by itself and watch your weight.

In general, I recommend that you start by adding the sweeter fruits. Next, add starchy veggies- peas, winter squash, corn, etc. A sweet potato is another possibility. This is a good plan for week one of P4. By the end of the week you should be eating all fruits and veggies, and I think most people do well with this.

At the start of week 2, pick something that you miss eating- cereal, bread, pasta, etc. Add ONE starchy food choice at lunch, not dinner. The less processed the better, so make sure it's whole grain. Check your weight the next day and see how you do. If you do ok, then add a different starch the next day at lunch. As long as you weight holds, continue this pattern through the rest of week 2. If you weight goes up, avoid that food for another week and then try it again.

When you start to add sugar, you might try adding something like honey or agave nectar, or even natural cane sugar.

I find that the most offensive foods (in terms of weight gain) while on P4 are the "whites"- white flour, white sugar, white rice, etc. Processed foods are also bad. And foods that combine sugar and fat are probably the worst (most deserts).

Many people find that the more natural something is, the better their body will tolerate it. For example they might tolerate whole grain bread much better than something like Wonder bread which is both white flour, and highly processed. I am able to tolerate ice cream without chemicals in it much better than regular grocery brands.

Many people also find that they do better with sugar and starch if they are eaten earlier in the day, as opposed to dinner time or in the evening.

Lastly, consider the rules of food combining. If you're going to eat a high-fat meal, try to avoid putting carbs with it. For example, eat a well-marbled steak with veggies and a salad, but skip the baked potato. Have the baked potato during a meal where you have a lower fat content, such as with a lean piece of fish. Have that pasta with a low-fat red sauce, rather than a high-fat alfredo sauce. Combining fat with sugar or starch in the same meal is what will cause the most trouble.

askmepc
10-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I wonder how many people actually make it p4 and then follow the 2 pound rule. I lost 19 pounds on a 40 day round of hcg.
I have been eating 1800-2000 calories a day in p3 and maintaining the 2 pd rule for my 3 weeks on p3.
I weigh 132 and am 5'5 so that is pretty good. I am most amazed that I can eat like I am , heavy whip cream, skinny thin crackers, omg amazing stuff the brownie ones are to die for everyone should try these, sf cheesecake, nuts, bacon, I am really enjoying my diet. I eat twice a day, and love my nighttime snack of one serving pistatio nuts and pumpkin seeds and I sleep great.
My fitday ratios are running fat 69, protein 17 carbs 14.
I am a longtime Atkins dieter, so it all made sense to me.
But I am excited to think I can add corn and some potatoes back in. I will never eat bread much, ( only flourless Trader Joe bread I love and does not seem to have a bad effect on me at all), and no sugar anymore. I have found so many great substitutes on Netrition for delicious low carb crackers, sauces, jams and jellies, and I have always like low carb bake mixes. I do not feel deprived at all.
Plus now I have discovered coconut flour and almond flour and I am eating one huge piece of coconut flour pound cake with heavy whip cream and some coconut crack chocolates almost every day and some-days I lose weight when I have consumed 2200 calories. That is mind boggling to me.
I have been trying to lose this same 20 pounds for the last 10 years and now I lost it and it is staying off.
I did notice there is no set rules for p4. I think the whole idea of this hcg is to get thoughtful and pay attention to your eating and find out what works for you.
Obviously being careful with carbs and sugars works for me. Also the protein day is also in the Dukan diet, which I started in the summer before I switched to hcg.
So very similar principals I found in Dukan. When you finish that diet you eat normally too but have one straight protein day for the rest of your life.
Makes sense to me. Everyone said eat more calories for this hcg diet in p3 and I found that to be true, I would gain at 1500 day but lose on a 2200 calorie day, amazing.
I walk 20 min a day and that is it for exercise for me. I just wanted to share my experience so far.
In Jan I plan on doing one more round of hcg to lose the last 7 pounds I wanted to lose.