PDA

View Full Version : Are Diet Pills Cheating?

Genneric
03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if using diet pills are considered cheating. I am considering using this all natural diet supplement called Slim9 (http://www.100diets.com/slim9-review) which my son used to lose 25 lbs, obviously with proper exercise and healthy eating. If using diet pills is considered cheating, is there anything else I can do to to speed up my weight loss?? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

SBennett
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I would not try the diet pills even being natural because you are ingesting something and it may interefere with whats working.

Ruwi
06-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if using diet pills are considered cheating. I am considering using this all natural diet supplement called Slim9 (http://www.100diets.com/slim9-review) which my son used to lose 25 lbs, obviously with proper exercise and healthy eating. If using diet pills is considered cheating, is there anything else I can do to to speed up my weight loss?? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I really do not know how good and fast Slim9 is for your son? But I've heard of a proper hcg diet plan.

HCG drops for 15,21,45,90 day plans may fit for your self.You may findout a quick way for weight loss

winona
06-23-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree with @SBennett, it may interfere the hcg protocol and its mechanism. Also, as Dr. S said that some diets are burning the normal fat deposits that the dieter end up all soggy and with dry looking skin. But with hcg, the abnormal fats are targeted, thus leaving the essential ones intact and where it should be. This way, though we lose a lost of weight, skin stays supple and all.

ashuhhley
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry if this is out of line but the weight you lose with this diet is already as fast as if it is going to get without surgery. I believe any faster would be extremely unhealthy not to mention probably more likely to backfire....
Can I ask how long you have done this diet for and how much you lost?

Maybe this is just me but I came from doing Weight watchers where you lose like 5 lbs a month IF that... where here its pretty much that if not more week....

geernow
01-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Although there are so many things which can be used for losing weight but important is to get thing from the source which is FDA approved.

dgnsty
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm taking phentermine...got it from the doc to help with hunger...if the doctor says ok thats good enough for me

davidwlms
02-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Dear Genneric, I would like to add here that the metabolism rate and the age group of you son is different from you and if am not wrong then you must be having your own different routine from your son. So you will need to have such type of weight loss pills reviews first such as the Cplex 60 reviews (http://www.cplex60reviews.net) which are now popular all over the world for weight loss and no side effect. Consider it first I am not just saying to go for it, and yes all natural things will help to loose weight such as common exercise and taking stairs.

martiangrl
06-08-2012, 08:24 AM
To answer your question fairly, I think we would need to know the composition of Slim9. If its soemthing like Hoodia, an herb that suppresses appetite, it might be okay. I agree overall with other posters that you and your son are different ages, you are not going to lose at the same weight, you are likely different body compositions and at hormonal levels which will affect your losses, etc. What probably influences the loss the most is your lean muscle mass (hence your basic caloric requirement), your activity level (ditto), your hormones, your percentage of body fat that needs to be burned up. If you are close to your goal, it is going to be slow, regardless, less to lose.

Plenty folks on here use apple cider vinegar to try and boost the loss, and most don't consider it cheating.
If you want to "rev" your metabolism, I would consider 2 things before a dietary "pill" that is adding some Coconut oil (it ain't protocol, but diet pills are not protocol either), apple cider vinegar, and maybe some green tea (but easy on the caffeine, it will possible stimulate cravings and screw with your insulin resistance in high doses).

Is your "diet pill" an appetite suppressant or a metabolism booster You should not need appetite suppression as the HCG should be doing that for you, if you are dosing it correctly for you. If it is something like minerals or chromium that helps with insulin resistance, it might be a good thing. I would consider reading the Atkins book where he talks about dietary supplements that can help (its in the New Diet Revolution book by Dr. Robert Atkins, my weight loss guru). He suggest all kinds of helpful stuff.

Whatever you decide to do, I would take into consideration you cannot change the laws of physics and physiology with a pill. This diet works by restricting carbs and calories for the maximum safe loss. Why are you wanting to rush things? Are your expectations realistic? If you want a more qualified guess, we need info on what the diet pill is or supposed to do. Bottom line, its your plan and if you want to try something off protocol, you have to approach it with the spirit of experimentation. It could really help, it could have no effect at all, or it could really screw stuff up. If you are willing to take the gamble, then its your gamble...

One more thing, if you want to increase the rate at which you lose, and you are willing to invest more time (which you probably don't want to do, its sounds like you are on some type of time crunch here) would be to take a break from HCG and P2 and build some muscle mass before heading into P2 (VLCD). That to me would be the best way (and healthy!) to boost your metabolism and increase the rate of loss...