PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cheated on this diet?

nicole96
11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi, I am new to this diet (started last week). Just curious if anyone here has cheated? If yes, what happened then?

I certainly don't want to cheat, but not sure if I will be strong enough not to cheat once during this diet :(

Susan
11-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Nicole 96, Yes I cheated....had diet coke at the office party once. The consequence is I stalled for almost a week. Most have vowed never to cheat again after doing so just like me, because sometimes the consequences can be horrible...like 5 lb gain overnight!

Nicole 96, don't cheat on hcg diet. It's just not worth it.

indianprincess
11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Nicole, when I crave for something, I keep telling myself that these foods will still be there when I am done. I just don't want to jeopardize my diet by eating a muffin or else. I agree with Susan - It's just not worth it :D.

Arker
03-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi Nicole,
Whenever I started gym or planned to trim myself I never cheat.
I usually started exercise when I gain weight due to junk foods, sweet things and fried food.
So in my opinion you usually chat with yourself 8-10 months and this time is enough to cheat with yourself.

nakupenda
03-20-2011, 01:08 AM
I have cheated and had no consequence but all of the others ive talked to had stalling weights. I drink 4 oz of sprite a day and when i eat beef i leave it in b.que sauce or picante sauce over night . I still to this day have not taken in the full 500 cal though so that may be why i havent stalled.

udder
05-05-2011, 05:16 AM
I suggest people not to eat junk foods. But it is easier said than done. So as a result people gain weight. So i suggest them to do exercise everyday. If you eat little more this week you have work hard this week for weight loss.

jeff-and
05-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Yeah, when you cheat on your diet, you are gonna have to suffer the consequence. I mean, it is not just worth it in this level. Just stay focused and think how bad it could be if you stop from what you have already been doing and see the negative effects of cheating on it, like what they said, gaining excessively overnight. You can eat them after, though you still have to in moderation or, it would not matter what you just went through.

Gsou
05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
First time i did hcg (using drops) i lasted 2 weeks and lost 13 pounds but did not complete the protocol as I was supposed to so in a matter of a week I put them back on.
I tried doing it for a second time and a doctor prescribed the injections - again I did not complete it. I started at 190 and lost 8 pounds in a week. Then my period came and I did not use the injections and started feeling hungry and couldn't hold on to the protocol. So after a month not only i put those 8 pounds back but added 10 more on top. My weight now is 200 and i'm 5' 8 and i've never been this heavy in my whole life.
I'm going for a third try - My goal is to lose 40 pounds .

sunsheyene
05-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Gsou- good luck to you. This diet is not for everyone and takes a massive amount of discipline, but it is so worth it. I know it would take longer to get to your goal this way, but perhaps you should commit to a 23 day cycle. You should plan to start right after your TOM (so you don't have that interruption), and just commit to the 23 days. What is 23 days anyway?? It's really not long when you think about it. That will give you enough time to start seeing some dramatic results, then if your up to it you could go for round 2 and make it longer.

We would all be here to support you!

RedGem
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Don't even think about cheating. I know you are asking because you are wanting to cheat and want others opinions on what happened so you can feel better / justify your cheating =) One thing I learned- DO NOT CHEAT. not even once- once you cheat the first time, each time after it gets easier and easier to cheat. I wasted drops and injections my first two times because i cheated and then ended up stopping. Third time I learned my lesson and never cheated once, and it was so much easier to get through.

syllvka
06-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Totally not worth it, i agree with RedGem.

ruby2sday
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I was on HCG1234 for 3 weeks. I cheated and ate 3 In 'N Out Burgers during that time. I still lost 15 lbs. I'm sure I would have lost more if I hadn't cheated. I took a week off and restarted on Monday. I'm down 16 lbs as of this morning. I stayed pretty much on protocol during the week I was off the drops.

Cal
08-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I always like to say, "if it's not on the list, don't put it in your mouth!"

Love,
Cal

Didi
11-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I am having a different kind of desire to cheat. I was told to only eat chicken breast and lean beef. I love chicken breast but not fried chicken breast. I used to eat grilled chicken wings which my husband makes really well. Is this cheating? I have not has a piece of carb or sugar since I started the VLCD on 11/11. I only weigh in once a week at the doctors office so I dont know what my progress for this week is yet. Would a grilled chicken wing really do damage. I had two today and now I feel so guilty. I NEED to succeed at this. PLEASE HELP.

Didi
11-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I meant I like to eat chicken wings! Not fried though!!

Didi
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Well, I am down 11 lbs and so excited! Also started exercise today. I did the eliptical for 45 minutes. Felt a little dizzy afterwards but as soon as I ate lunch I felt much better! I guess the grilled wings didn't ruin it for me but I bet if I didn't eat them then I could have lost more. Anyway, I am elated and I am starting to see results in the mirror!

doingitthistime
11-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Didi do you have a journal? Start one, lots of support there!

Didi
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I already started the journal and have had some very nice comments on it!

deanplays
01-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Indianprincess... I like that!!!......
these foods will still be there when I'm done. I need to tell myself that.

deanplays
01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Didi,

Where did you get that weight tracker on the bottom of your comments and postings? I want to add that widget. Can you please tell me where I can get it? :)

MrsMia
01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Dean,

just click on someone else's tracker and it should lead you to the site to build one.

Mia

deanplays
01-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Thanks much, MrsMia! :)

lizziegal
01-16-2012, 07:13 PM
I agree with RedGem it's not worth it and then you continue to cheat. I wasted my drops the first attempt HCG diet because I cheated

deanplays
01-17-2012, 02:38 AM
RedGem, when you started over after wasting drops, how long did you have to wait? Did you start with loading days again, or just skip those and go right into VLCD?

selvanboy
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I betrayed this morning for the first time since starting this 4 weeks before. I was craaaving sugar so I caved and ate five little cadburry eggs left over from easter. I guess I will give up my fruits because the calorie count is 96 (from the eggs) I just wish I didn't do too much impairment. Would love some feedback from persons who have betrayed and survived phase 2.

shannon
06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Cheating on Phase 2 is so not woirth it and most likely will cause a gain that can take 2 days to show the full effect of it and then it can take another 3-4 days to loose what you gain from cheating. So with that said you have now wasted a full week and for what?

kpat
07-30-2012, 07:50 AM
I just cheated last night and I can tell you IT IS SO NOT WORTH IT. I was 1 pound a way from losing 10lbs in literally 7 days of vlcd or 9 days from start.

ALL I did was eat beans, some feta cheese, a little Italian dressing and I way overate chicken and steak because I was told if you must cheat just overeat the protein. OMG...I gained 3.2 lbs overnight. Seriously....I gained more in one night then I did loading on cheesburgers, fries, pizza, wings and icecream (2.5lbs). I can only hope that it will be gone after exercise and strict diet today like the loading was. DONT DO IT.

bakersuzie
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I cheated and I gained 4 lbs over night. It took me three days to get back on track. Its not worth it. Butif you do fall down...dont just lay there, get up and keep moving forward.

northbound
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I've lost 11 pounds in days then fell off the wagon today. I'm not sure what happened, I just lost it. My only recourse is to get back up in the morning and start right back again, look ahead and never cheat again. Not worth the depression I'm feeling right now.

april
09-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Do you not beat yourself up.. cheats are a learning experience and sometimes you have to just do it and deal with it, then move on.
I've lost 11 pounds in days then fell off the wagon today. I'm not sure what happened, I just lost it. My only recourse is to get back up in the morning and start right back again, look ahead and never cheat again. Not worth the depression I'm feeling right now.

shannon
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Northbound it's something I think we all have done and it's not worth beating yourself up over! Get back on strict protocol and you will be feeling great again in no time!