PDA

View Full Version : 5 common mistakes to avoid for sucessful hcg diet weightloss

lilbit
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I found this on line and thought i would share with everyone..

1. Skip the loading days or donít take enough fat during loading days
After taking the initial dose of HCG, dieters are required to eat lots of food that are high in fat in the first two days. Some dieters donít understand why they have to load themselves with fat in order to lose weight and decide to skip the loading days.

However, Dr. Simeons states very specifically for a successful hCG diet, dieters need to take enough fatty food in the first two days of hCG injection. The reason is dieters need to consume enough fat in order to replenish the structural fat stores that will be depleted in dieting. With proper loading days, you prep your body for the changes coming and help ease some symptoms that are commonly associated with fast weight loss, such as fatigue, irritability and hunger pains. And donít worry, the hCG effect of burning your abnormal fat does not kick in until the third dose, so eating fatty food in the first two days wonít slow down your hCG weight loss at all.

2. Mix vegetables in one meal or eat the same meat for lunch and dinner
Dr. Simeons clearly states not to mix vegetables in one meal and not to eat the same meat for lunch and dinner in his original hCG diet protocol. Some people reported not losing weight as expected when they mix vegetables or eat the same protein for lunch and dinner. So it is important to eat one vegetable for one meal and vary your meat selection for lunch and dinner, in order to maximize your hCG weight loss.

3. Donít drink enough water or drink the wrong water
One of the most common errors found on hCG diet is not drinking enough water. In fact, most people donít drink enough water. For the best weight loss result, you should be drinking at least 2 quarts of water every day. If you are water-deprived, your body canít metabolize fat as quickly as it could and you will set yourself up to store unwanted fat.
In addition, pay attention to what you drink. No diet drinks such as diet soda are allowed on hCG diet. Drink water, teas and mineral water instead. Although Dr. Simeons says OK to drink coffee, it is recommended for you to stay away from it because it could produce cravings for food.

4. Incorrect hCG dosage
Dr. Simeons says most people see results with a daily hCG injection of125 IU. Today, Kevin Trudeau and many hCG clinics recommend 175 IU or 200 IU daily because our bodies are much more toxic today.

Many dieters choose to conduct hCG weight loss on their own. Thus determining the correct HCG dosage is imperative if one wants to succeed in the HCG diet. Some would mistakenly assume the higher hCG dosage is, the more weight loss they will get. Thatís not true. Using more than the recommended HCG dosage can actually make your body immune to hCG and cause the diet to fail in the end.

5. Engage in strenuous exercise while on hCG diet
Dr. Simeons clearly states not to exercise strenuously on HCG diet. Some HCG clinics actually ask dieters to wait until they are down to within 10-20 pounds of their goal weight before resuming strenuous exercise. The reason is dieters are already burning excess fat with the daily 500-calorie intakes while on hCG diet. Extra exercising will result in the loss of lean muscle tissues instead.

To sum up, you should follow the hCG diet protocols of Dr. ATW Simeons and Kein Trudeau as closely as possible in order to succeed in the hCG diet. Remember to read ďPounds and InchesĒ carefully before starting your HCG diet

syllvka
06-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Another great one lilbit, thank you :D

winona
06-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I so read pounds and inches everyday before I started with the diet and it helped a lot because of how Simeons explained this and that. We were like taken to his world of practice, lol. I will start my 2nd cycle soon so I am reading it again :)

syllvka
06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I so read pounds and inches everyday before I started with the diet and it helped a lot because of how Simeons explained this and that. We were like taken to his world of practice, lol. I will start my 2nd cycle soon so I am reading it again :)

winona have you read Kevin T's book? that's a good source too a little easier to read- not as detailed as Dr. Simeons writing thou.

giesellroe
06-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks! I've just save here in my notebook : )

sophiasmit
07-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi Lilbit..
Thanks for sharing tips..Its very important when we decide our diet plan..

sophiasmit
07-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Hi Lilbit..
Thanks for sharing tips..Its very important when we decide our diet plan..

michelle
07-17-2011, 04:06 PM
What if I messed up on the first day and I didn't take enough HCG drops? I'm am still on the load days. What do I do?

karengirl
08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
thanks for sharing!!

SMcNabb66
08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you for all the info I am on day 22 of P1. I have only lost 12.6lbs. I got messed up with my birth control pills and stopped the drops and had menstrual cycle for 11 days so no drops. I realized later I could have taken them. UGHHH! I love this diet and find it is really important to follow the plan. I've lost 12" too! Good luck everyone take Lilbit's advice to heart!

Clara
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes these are such mistakes that everyone will do. Thanks for clearing our ambiguities

Tulsi
09-19-2011, 04:08 AM

After taking the initial dose of HCG, dieters are required to eat lots of food that are high in fat in the first two days. Some dieters donít understand why they have to load themselves with fat in order to lose weight and decide to skip the loading days.

Dr. Simeons clearly states not to exercise strenuously on HCG diet. Some HCG clinics actually ask dieters to wait until they are down to within 10-20 pounds of their goal weight before resuming strenuous exercise. The reason is dieters are already burning excess fat with the daily 500-calorie intakes while on hCG diet. Extra exercising will result in the loss of lean muscle tissues instead.

To sum up, you should follow the hCG diet protocols of Dr. ATW Simeons and Kein Trudeau as closely as possible in order to succeed in the hCG diet. Remember to read ďPounds and InchesĒ carefully before starting your HCG diet

Im such a lazy person and I really wish to lose weight. And I guess I'm way too fat. But im hoping this should work for me :(

Tulsi
09-20-2011, 02:32 AM

However, Dr. Simeons states very specifically for a successful hCG diet, dieters need to take enough fatty food in the first two days of hCG injection. The reason is dieters need to consume enough fat in order to replenish the structural fat stores that will be depleted in dieting. With proper loading days, you prep your body for the changes coming and help ease some symptoms that are commonly associated with fast weight loss, such as fatigue, irritability and hunger pains. And donít worry, the hCG effect of burning your abnormal fat does not kick in until the third dose, so eating fatty food in the first two days wonít slow down your hCG weight loss at all.

2. Mix vegetables in one meal or eat the same meat for lunch and dinner
Dr. Simeons clearly states not to mix vegetables in one meal and not to eat the same meat for lunch and dinner in his original hCG diet protocol. Some people reported not losing weight as expected when they mix vegetables or eat the same protein for lunch and dinner. So it is important to eat one vegetable for one meal and vary your meat selection for lunch and dinner, in order to maximize your hCG weight loss.

One of the most common errors found on hCG diet is not drinking enough water. In fact, most people donít drink enough water. For the best weight loss result, you should be drinking at least 2 quarts of water every day. If you are water-deprived, your body canít metabolize fat as quickly as it could and you will set yourself up to store unwanted fat.
In addition, pay attention to what you drink. No diet drinks such as diet soda are allowed on hCG diet. Drink water, teas and mineral water instead. Although Dr. Simeons says OK to drink coffee, it is recommended for you to stay away from it because it could produce cravings for food.

4. Incorrect hCG dosage
Dr. Simeons says most people see results with a daily hCG injection of125 IU. Today, Kevin Trudeau and many hCG clinics recommend 175 IU or 200 IU daily because our bodies are much more toxic today.

Many dieters choose to conduct hCG weight loss on their own. Thus determining the correct HCG dosage is imperative if one wants to succeed in the HCG diet. Some would mistakenly assume the higher hCG dosage is, the more weight loss they will get. Thatís not true. Using more than the recommended HCG dosage can actually make your body immune to hCG and cause the diet to fail in the end.

I must say these 5 things really would help everyone who is trying HCG Diet.. I was very lost in the start.. a frnd asked me to look for some health forum online.. and now i have asked my sister to join in and now we both are doing it together.
We have really seen a change in our body. My mother is getting all hyper seeing us go thin.

diettruth1
10-19-2011, 01:51 AM
It's really nice. see this also you will like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRutVcUwwBg

Tulsi
10-22-2011, 04:58 AM
I completely agree at the point that one must not intake over dosage of the hcg meds. They just screw up the whole procedure.
Your body gets used to it and it might stop responding to it.

wndyjhnsn
11-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Whether you are on a diet or not, we should be drinking more water. Yes, hCG dieters are not allowed to drink coffee and soda.

Kamaladana
12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi! I just joined the forum because I had a really tough day yesterday and decided I needed some support. I was hungry (was NOT hungry the first few days, and didn't even eat all the food I could have) and irritable.

No exercise???? Really?? I'm on Day 5 of the very low calorie diet. I've lost 5 pounds so far, but only .4 oz. over the last 24 hours. I DID have bison for dinner last night and I could see there was fat in it, so I wonder if that slowed me down...

MamaMini
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
It is normal to have a stall day here and there. Normally they are followed by a nice loss shortly. Just be certain to stay on the protocol and saty STRONG! I was absolutely ravenous the first week. I have gotten better since and barely feel hunger anymore (I am on day 14 of VLCD). Be sure to drink LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER! The closer you can get to a gallon the better. When I do get hungry I will chuck doen 24-32 oz of water and it makes me feel full for a good amount of time. Also, I bought Yogi Tea brands "Blueberry Slim" tea. I havent fely hungry since I started drinking a glass of that after my last meal.

One of the members, FiFi I believe, also uped her drops to 15 3X/day without any problems after feeling so hungry all the time. Perhaps that would help?

Good luck! and Welcome! Don't be a stranger!!

Kamaladana
12-09-2011, 11:47 PM
THANKS, MamaMini! Today was much better than yesterday, but my best friend (lost 18 lbs. so far on HCG) said she found acceptable chicken broth to cook with, so I went looking at Whole Foods! AUGH, that was difficult! They display everything so beautifully in there and have samples everywhere, and you can smell all the yummy food cooking. I was strong though. I went through every single chicken broth/bouillon in Whole Foods and they ALL have some form of sugar! Bleah. I walked out of there with celery, distilled water (I like the taste better than other waters), and lean beef. Yeah! I really hope that tomorrow's weight is better than today's was. I wasn't ravenous today like I was yesterday, but I'm really feeling the need to get my protein. I only ate one meal the first three days, but the past two, I have the protein and veggies for the second meal. Too stuffed after that to do the fruit and bread stick. :)

What about this exercise thing? I didn't work out today after working out 3 of my 4 first days. I usually spend 30 min. on the elliptical and then 30-50 minutes weight training. I know Dr. Simeon didn't take exercise into account, but the beginning of this thread recommends against it. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

deanplays
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Good stuff! I've done this once before, and am getting ready to hit the process again. :o)

thinagain
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
How does drinking a diet soda change your results?

deanplays
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Good stuff! Thanks!

ChefAshley
01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Great Article! Thank-you for sharing!

sara145wilso
04-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks for sharing these tips with us as welll.....

jan38
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't know you couldn't mix veggies...good info...

edwardphilip
12-22-2012, 05:08 AM
The tips are very much helpful and those who are undergoing HCG diet program must know these facts to get effective results.

Marcie38
02-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Ok I am new and just started my HCG on 02/08/2013. I am I guess you would say my 2nd week of the HCG. And I am having such a horrible time sticking to the diet. The dr office where I obtained my hcg. Really didnt give me much to go on. Just a hand out with what I have to eat. And sent me on my merry way. I have only lost maybe 3lbs. What am I doing wrong. I read all these post. Im on day 20 and i lost 20lbs. And I am getting frustrated. I spent alot of money for this HCG and I feel like I just wasted my money. Can someone please help. i did this HCG because I have tried so many other products. And well i am still fat. I am tired of hearing my dr tell me Im fat loose weight. I am tired of being fat, I just want to loose all this weight and feel better about myself. So I can be here for my kids. Please help I am frustrated and I want to give up already HELP.....

kristi313
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey sweetie...first of all DON'T GIVE UP! Why don't you list out ALL the foods you are eating and the amounts, including water and other beverages. Also, your weight, height and goals. Sometimes its just a mistake in the foods where there is something you missed and didn't know you weren't supposed to have. Deep breath...it's ok. We are here to help. Also, what kind of hcg are you using? injections, rx drops, homeopatic drops and how often do you take them and your dose. You can send me a private message if you don't want to go into details here.

april
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
One of the things we would like to make sure, even though you got your hcg from your doc, I just want to make sure it has hcg in them. So tell what type and what is in the ingredients..that is if it is not injections. We will do our best to help you figure this out. Have you read Pound and Inches, if not google it, it is a free pdf on line.

Fire1978
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks, very helpful!

Fire1978
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
My hard part is cooking for HUbby and 5 kiddos. Kids will eat what I cook, I can easily modify. If we have hamburgers, they get the bun not me. Or stuffed peppers, they get rice and chees not me. But My Husband LOVES red meat and potatoes. He loves veggies to, But I barely eat meat beside organic chicken, turkey fish ect. So having to cook red meat or dark meat chicken for him, and reg for me? I lose motivation after a week...lol Even when I do cook red meat or dark meat foods(kids do love) I just eat a small amount or have salad. But on days when work is stressful(im a nurse) Or kids are stressful(5 lol) I am more tempted. Or that glass of merlot every night after dinner with the hubby. He is sooo bad about that! he will just pour me a glass and look all cute so i cant say no! lol
What do I do with that?? lol

shannon
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Fire1978 and welcome! You really just have to make up your mind you are going to do it and be strict and see the results daily from making that choice! Turkey and peppers are not allowed on the protocol, are you following Dr Simeons protocol or a different one. Also are you doing injections or drops and if drops where did you get them from and what brand are tehy? There are tons of fake drops out there claiming to be HCG but actually have none in them.

The easiet way to do it is to prepare a weeks worth of meats for yourself ahead of time that way each night when you have to prepare meals for your family yours are already made and ready to reheat and eat.

llili
05-19-2013, 10:36 AM
I am about to start this diet; next week or the week after, and I'm really looking forward to the loading days:)

april
05-19-2013, 10:44 AM
It is best to go to the journal section and start your own, so you and others can track your progress
I am about to start this diet; next week or the week after, and I'm really looking forward to the loading days:)

Georgie
08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Thank you for all the hints and tips. They are greatly appreciated as I'm just starting out, too.

Temma Alexa
10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Thank you for the dos and don'ts.I think this should very useful for beginners.Understanding what to do and is very important.Thank you for the list

triumphhcg
10-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Too much of info for me to start with on the first day! is this going to be hard?

Rachel
10-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Too much of info for me to start with on the first day! is this going to be hard?
Hello! If you are new to HCG the answer to your question about it being hard or not is yes and no. The reason is that you have to be very very strict eating, drinking water, etc, and be careful about makeup lotion etc that's the hard part, but the easy part is the weight falling off if you stick to the protocol! If you haven't read Dr. Simeon's Pounds and Inches you should as it explains the diet and the science behind it. Good luck! Oh, and if your interested, I have a journal going to log my progress, I am on day 5 of phase 2.