Blog Entries

Question Help with veges!!

I am having trouble understanding how much veges to eat with a meal. I am loosing weight but way under 500 cal a day. I really need an Idea of how much is a serving on this plan. I want to have asparagus for dinner but not sure how much fresh uncooked to make. Some have 200g some have 300g I will not be mixing veges. O please help..

Blog Entries
    It depends on your calories you need to get as close as 500 as you can. This is what I do, I pick two protein's for the day and then my two fruits because they are the most calories I then record them. I add my two melba's and what ever I have left I use for my veggies because they are very low in calories. The other day I had 300 g of tomatoes and put them in the blender and just drank them.
    Just count your calories, I put a cheat sheet with everything allowed in 100 g and then put the calories so that I would not have to keep looking it up.
    Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Good so I can eat a bunch of asparagus for dinner with my 100g of meat then... Thank you

Blog Entries
    yes you can just weigh it out and find out how many calories it is and see if you can add or if you have to take some off

You can have ALOT of veggies...I use the calorie counter on myfitnesspal.com
    The other night I had a whole bundle of asparagus and still came 20 cals under 500! It was a great filler upper

Blog Entries
    I am now chowing on 150g of spinage...

Hi there - I'm confused- can you MIX veges as long as they're under the limit? OR is it that you can only have one type of vege with each protein meal??

Blog Entries
    J9nini you can only have one type of vegi with your protein, no mixing vegi's.

You should only eat one vegetable at a time. Asparagus, greens, cabbage, chard, cucumber, celery, lettuce, spinach, onions, radish- all two cups. Tomato (one cup). I was told by a doctor to not mix them, cause I wanted to make a soup. I ended up making different veggie creamed soups- asparagus, celery, and tomato. Found a veggie broth mix that had no oil in it to mix with water. This made me feel like I was eating more, cause eating them by themselves gets really boring! I made lots of salads though. You do need some green stuff to help with your bowels, so don't skim on them.