Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stuffed cabbage

stuffed cabbage

So I made this last night and it was by far the best p2 food I've ever eaten. I made it to my whole family and they all loved it! my husband ate 3 (he hates cabbage) and my 2 year old ate every bite and licked her plate... in this house if my husband and my 2 year old both like it, its a winner!

What you need.
    1 head nappa cabbage

Filling
    Lean ground beef
    1 Diced onion
    Curry powder
    Garlic
    Salt

Sauce
    1 can tomato sauce
    4 T vinegar
    Sweetener to taste

I washed and boiled the cabbage leaves, while they where boiling I combine the sauce mixes in a pan cooked it just till it was warmed though, and mixed the filling together in a bowl. Pulled the leaves out and let them drain on a paper towel, cut the center vain out and wraped the filling inside so there where no openings, lined the wraps in a caserol dish put about 2 T full of sauce on each wrap. Covered with tinfoil and baked it at 375 for about an hour and 15 min.. absolute heaven!

Blog Entries
    I hate cabbage too...but I may try this anyway. Sounds yummy!

Blog Entries
    Sounds nummy but that requires mixing vegi's and I am a stickler for strict protocol so I will wait till P3 to make it. Plus ground beef makes me gain every time I eat it in P2.

Yep I know mixing veggies are a no no. Its never seemed to effect my losses niether has lean beef, but like dr simmeons says, not everyones the same! I will have to look at your menus shannon, do you eat one fish and chicken everyday?
    Anyway give it a try Kristi, and Shannon (in p3) I bet you'll love it! You ould even mix in some miracle noodle rice if you like... I don't like messing with the miracle noodles on p2 but if you do okay with them id bet they would be good inside the mix too. this recipe was so good I felt like I was cheating.

Blog Entries
    I used miracle noodles on my first few rounds and did fine with them. Since then tho, I've been making zucchini noodles(long thin shreds with a mandoline) and I like them much much better and it gets more veggies in me...instead of rubber bands! haha!

Blog Entries
    I don't eat fish so my proteins on P2 are chicken and steak pretty much every single day.

This recipe does sound yummy! I think I will try it.

That is so strange to me that steak doesn't effect your losses but ground beef does Shannon! Guess with steak you can really regulate the fat content.
    Kristi I love zuchinni noodles.. but I love zuchinni EVERYTHING.. I cant wait to get my garden going! haha!
    Rachel, please let me know what you think! It really is SO good!!!

Blog Entries
    Natalie, I <3 zucchini as well! I cut it into long wedges and pop under the broiler or on the grill...zucchini fries!! Oh my yummy!! I use those with bunless burgers or steak or anything I'd normally have fries with. I just coat with coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic and italian seasoning.

Blog Entries
    I find it interesting that no one was concerned about the tomato sauce..be careful with anything you do not make yourself. There has been people on here who have gained with the sauce. You all just reminded me I have some zucchini that I need to cook up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast