Page 1 of 138 1231151101 ... LastLast

Angela's HCG Journal (Injections)

First off, I have to say that it has taken me a long time to finally take this huge step. Last year I found this forum and was going to start with sub-lingual drops and ended up failing. I failed because I dont think I was ready and I dont think that I had done enough research. Now, after over a year of contemplating, I have decided to start my journey.

I am 31 years old and have struggled with weight my whole life. While I currently have no health problems, my weight is one thing that is keeping me down and will probably start having some nasty effect on my body if this didn't already start happening. Right now I weight 280ish pounds and am 5'11' tall. My ideal weight is between 180 and 199 (getting to 180 would definitely be the ultimate dream but getting into the 100's will work for me. I do not have any kids yet and hope to get to a healthy weight before I decide to have kids. This was definitely one of my big motivators along with an engagement coming up sometime this year (or so he says!) and the planning of a wedding next year if I do end up getting my dream ring soon

I have tried countless diets, personal trainers, exercise programs and just get bored with it. I do enjoy being active so I am kind of bummed that I cannot be very active on this program. I will not lie, I am nervous as hell. Not because I dont think I can do it, but I already suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and I am concerned about possible side effects and how my body will react. I have read both good and bad articles online about the protocol and the bad can really be scary (liver problems, cardiovascular issues etc).

Because of this, and my failed attempt with drops before, I did research for a Wellness clinic in my area and found one who offered this program. While it is not cheap, being under the supervision of a Doctor made me feel a bit better. I will be supervised by a naturopathic doctor who will be monitoring me and doing monthly blood draws which was included in the program. He makes sure that there are no underlying issues before his patients start the program. I got the call today that my HCG was in and that I can come in next week to begin. I am both nervous and anxious.

On their program, they allow you to stay in the HCG up to 2 months, with a third if it is needed. He expects me to lose close to 75lbs. When I go in on Monday, I am going to ask more about this since I was only expecting to do the program on a month basis, as thats what it seems most people do. A three month commitment seems awfully long and extremely challenging. I will be adjusting to giving myself injections daily, but luckily I am not scared of needles. I was told that the first week will be the hardest and if I have intense hunger issues, I can come in to get B-12 shots to help with that. They have also advised me to take vitamins which they sell in office :

Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Probiotic
    Vitamin D 5000
    and a multi-vitamin with active nutrients

When I reach my goal, it is then when I start the maintenance plan. I have chosen to use the HCG method as a means for a big jumpstart to a healthier me. I have a friend who used drops and had great success. She said it was difficult, but it has changed her and her life. No longer has carb or sweet cravings and eats extremly healthy. I think as long as the scale keeps moving down, I will continue to stay motivated.

One of my main concerns is my social lifestyle that I have now. Since I do not have children, I am often out with friends, traveling and enjoying summer days on my boat. I understand the commitment that is needed to be successful, but I also know that there are going to be times when I am going to want to go out and enjoy myself. The doctor has informed my to be prepared for stalls following those days, or a gain. Obviously I do not intend to go out and eat a burger and french fries, but do see the occasional cocktail once in a while.

While I am going in for my visit on Monday, I have not decided yet If I am going to start on that day or wait until later on in the week. My boyfriend will be going out of town next weekend so I figured it will be a good time for me to start and focus for the first couple days. it difficult living with someone who can eat anything and not gain an ounce! Also, I have not sat him down yet and talked to him about this decision. I am worried that he will try and talk me out of it, be concerned and worried for my health and not want me to do this. If only he knew the struggles of being overweight for your entire life, he may be understanding of the measures that some people are desperate to take. And not to mention, this program was expensive and there are no refunds.

I plan on keeping this journal very active with daily posts. I also plan to take pictures of the start and end days with shots of progress in between. I really need the support and motivation from others and this forum has been extremely helpful in helping me make this first step. I no longer want to be a lurker, I want to also be a success story.

Any insight, motivational tips, recipes, advise, experiences or just a "buddy" during this journey would be very much welcomed. So I guess to get me started:

what can be expected in my first week? Is it good that I am starting mid week so that I can focus for the first few days without the yummy smells of dinner that my boyfriend cooks every night? Are there necessities that should be included in my shopping list aside from the organic food lists ( I did buy some sweetleaf stevia products and some spry gum to help with sweet cravings) What about natural flavored soda water such as Lacroix? Want to share your protocol and tips that have gotten you through your first week. I am all ears (and eyes!)

Blog Entries
    I am so glad you came here and I only hope that you will lean more towards our advice then that of your Dr because 9 times out of 10 the Dr's that prescribe HCG now have all tweaked the protocol to how they see fit and it is all so wrong. My best advice to you is to google Pounds and Inches by Dr ATW Simeosn and read it and then reread it. He is the original Dr who spent over 50 yrs researching and creating this protocol and testing every single food on his approved food list to find out which ones best work with our hormones for optimal losses. This is not just a regular diet this is a hormone based diet and taking the HCG adn eating whatever or drinking what ever is not going ot give you the results you want and is not going to help you keep the weight off.

I would also assume he is going to start you at a way higher dose that is needed and withing 3 days you are going to be starving and then he is going to either give you appetite supressants or tell you to inject an even higher dose! Appetite supressants are the worst thing you can take, you don't want the hunger masked because you need to know if it's there so you can know fi you need to adjust your dose. H=having major hunger means your dose is off and 9 times out of 10 it is because it is too high.

All the vitamins they want you to buy you don't need and if you do want them I would buy them some place a lot cheaper!

You cannot be on the injections for longer then 40 days or 34 lbs lost which ever comes first otherwise you will build immunity to the injections and they won't work for you any more.

UGH your Dr makes me so mad!!!

PLEASE GOOGLE POUNDS AND INCHES BY DR ATW SIMEONS AND READ IT THROUGH BEFORE YOU START YOUR HCG WITH YOUR DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can find out what the dose is that they will be giving me when I visit for blood work on Monday. The food guide that they gave me is the same from Simeons Pounds and Inches. I have read it before and decided to still be under a doctors care and not take on something like this on my own. I will also be asking about he lengths again, because it did seem long to me. They did say that I can buy the vitamins somewhere else, but since they did not sell them they do not know what they contain. They just stated to stay away from any fat soluble vitamins.

What is the average daily does for most people with the injections? Is it different for everyone? I am assuming that with my injections I can always adjust my dose since I am the one doing the injections. Sorry, so many questions! Thanks for your input, I will be looking over pounds and inches again this weekend before I go in on Monday with any additional questions before they start.

Hi Angela! Welcome, so gald you found this forum and are ready to start your weight loss journey. Daily journal entries help all of us to stay motivated and encourage others along the way. Listen to Shannn please, she is an HCG goddess and KNOWS what she's talking about seriously. Pounds and Inches is so important to what you are about to experience, I would heed her advice and warnings. Good luck, I can't wait to see your progress.

Blog Entries
    Angela most people start at 150 iu dose and anything above that is usually way too high and will cause you to be starving.

Ask all the questions you want and I or one of the othr girls will be more then happy to help you out!

Most clinics start patients out at 200iu! That us usually way too high for the average person, but for some, especially those who are on their first round it works for them. I would suggest, like Shannon mentioned, starting with 150iu to begin with and see how your hunger is.

I've never heard of B12 helping with hunger issues. It does help with energy, but I can't see how it would mask hunger.

Do you know how the amount is usually determined? Is it more for someone who's weighs more or has more weight to lose?

I will update with the amount that they will be starting me on when I visit the doctor on Monday and bring up feedback received here. Have not decided if my exact start date will be Monday or Wednesday yet. Making that decision this weekend!

Blog Entries
    No there is no difference for if you weight 300 lbs or 250 lbs you should always start with 150 iu even Dr Simeons starts patients at 150 iu.

Make sure you do the 2 loading days with 2 days of injections before you start the 500 calorie days.

Hi Angela, I've been on here for over a year and I can't tell you how many girls who have come on here starving at 200uis and when Shannon gets them to cut down, their hunger subsides and they are able to continue. It's always the clinic dr's who do that to them. My advice is to listen to Shannon! Good luck and welcome!

Blog Entries
    Hey there..welcome to the forum. Shannon has been able to help others with the injection dosing in the past. She is a great resource for that. This diet has changed my life for sure. It is hard to go out and not having a drink, but I would suggest not even cheating with the occasional cocktail. For one it is not worth a cheat, this diet is way sensitive and I am telling you it sucks to have to lose several pounds over again, esp..when you want to just count down the days until P3. There is no harm in doing this in many rounds also, if you have a significant amount to lose. You will feel better just losing 20-30 lbs, there is nothing wrong with starting mid week and then going 30-40 days..jump into P3 in the summer where you can have certain libations. I find that red wine is fine for me and is in protocol in P3, other libations I am not so sure about as I don't drink them and often are mixed with diet sodas which I think are the best thing to give up once you are through with this. Whatever you do etc..this place is for you to talk about the highs and lows of P2. We are here to support, advise..cheer you on and get you back on track when you need to. One thing you will find is we have morphed into more of a life style forum for people who have used and are using HCG.

Page 1 of 138 1231151101 ... LastLast