Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kim's Triumph

Blog Entries
    Can you list out exactly what you have been eating daily since Sunday and I can take a look and see if maybe something you ae eating is causing it? Are you sticking to Dr Simeons protocol and weighing, measuring all your foods and counting calories to make sure you are getting as close to 500 calories as well? How tall are you and what is your weight now and how many days have you been on the VLCD's and how much have you lost so far?

Blog Entries
    I am sticking so close to the protocol it isn't funny. The only thing I had been doing differently, which didn't effect me in week one was drinking flavored carbonated water. I am a diet soda addict and this was a good substitute that didn't bother me week one. I might actually not be consuming enough. Today is Day 12. I am going to cut the flavored water today, and go back to counting calories. I had preweighed all the meats before I started, so I knew those were right, and then the only thing I have done differently this week is not eaten a lot of veggies, because I fill up at the meal time, but then have the fruit in between. I am 5'7" and weighing in at 169 today. Which is where I have been ALL WEEK so far! I have lost 10 lbs. SOOOOO FRUSTRATED!

Blog Entries
    For one yes cut out the flavored waters if they are store bought and make your own using flavored stevia.

I wanted to know what meats, vegis and fruits you are eating because although the foods are on the approved list of foods some times certain foods and combination of foods don't always work for some. So if I can see what you are eating dauly I can possibly help you tweak it to help you maximize your losses.

Blog Entries
    Ok, so this is P3D2. I am actually down .4. I ate heartily yesterday, but just could seem to take in as many calories as I need for maintenance. I'm shooting for 1800-2000 as I lead a pretty active lifestyle. Any words of wisdom on how to relax and just enjoy P3? I've been most nervous about starting this phase.

Hi Kim, p3 is tough and all you can do is try to stay within your window of 2 lbs above LIW and 2 lbs below. Drink at least 3 litres of water as your sodium is probably going to increase on p3 as you add in new foods. Add in 1 new food at a time,wait 2-3 days and if no big spike of a lb or 2 then add in something else. Adding in cheese is better near the end of the second week. Watch bacon,sausage and ham as they have a TON of sodium. They hated me in p3. Adding in almonds is helpful to get your calories up as is avocado. Eggs are a good add in and hard boiled eggs help as a snack. Don't worry about the amount of fat you are consuming in p3. You NEED it and the protein. It's only for 3 weeks. Eat good fatty meats with the skin ON. Salmon, eggs, butter (Kerry Gold Grass fed if you can find it at Whole Foods or Costco), heavy whipping cream or half and half in your coffee. I would NOT exercise too much in p3 as this is when your metabolism is re-setting and if you re-set it with a high level of exercise, you're going to need that calorie burn from here on out in order to maintain your weight at eating the same number of calories. Simeons says NO exercise in p3. Hopefully you're off the sparkling water and on plain water with some flavored Stevia instead. That would have killed your losses for sure. So how did you do on Phase2?

Oh yeah and as long as you are in your window of 2 lbs up or down, do NOT PANIC!! You will fluctuate in this window all over the place. It's normal. Having a bump up of .5 is NOT a sensitivity and not the end of the world. The goal is to stick within that 4 lb window. You can do this
    p.s. I posted to you in Shannon's journal about eating Mexican food. It's all good!!
    Last edited by musiclover; 07-04-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    The first time I did P3, I was scared out of my mind, but it is not that bad. The most important thing is to get your protein up. I remember some gal said she ate chicken like 5 times a day and I was like no way I could do that, now I easily grab for stuff like that when I am hungry in the middle of the day. I am pretty active as well and once you add in exercise there is a risk of a little gain, just be aware, but you can see a gain without any difference in your clothes fitting as well (which is what has happened to me). Ask a ton of questions. I used to be a total diet coke girl, it was like crack for me. I love LaCroix waters now. It took some time to get used to, but I usually have one or two a day...they are good, minimal flavor in them, but tasty. I like Peach/Pear, Grapefruit and cran/Raspberry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12