Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

R1 P2 Day 2- Newbie here

Hi all. I just found this forum and have been reading around. Looks like a great place to get support!

I've lost 3 pounds since yesterday so I'm super encouraged to keep things going. I do have some obstacles ahead though- just social events. What do you all do when you have parties to attend? There seems to be a potluck every weekend with my church family. Not sure how to say NO.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome

Yeah, social events can be a bit tricky. This is what I did...I just didn't go. There was a couple of parties and I even had guests over, and I just explained what I'm doing and that there was really no point of me attending social events. They were fine with that.

Another thing is, schedule your meal before you go, and have something so that you will go full rather than hungry to the event.

Third, bring your own meal to the event. Make something for others, but bring HCG approved meal that you can eat there.

Fourth, pick and choose from the foods available there. I'm sure they're gonna be fresh veggies and fruits over there, and perhaps you can munch on that. If anybody pressures you to have something else, you can always say that you either had something earlier or that you'll get to it eventually, and then of course, never do

Just be smart about it, don't give into the pressure. You're finally doing something for yourself so you have every right to be selfish about it! And besides, this is only for a few weeks of the rest of your life!!!! Keep it up!

Blog Entries
    ditto to lipstic post
    and i read on some site the best way to not stand out when everyone is drinking is to take few bottles of tea,or water and slices of lemon, lime or orange with you .. flavored with stieva drops if you want.. it also suggested either taking with or asking for one if you know the folks.. a martini glass or some type of glass that blends in

This will allow you to fill the glass with your water or tea add a garnish and no one is the wiser...

Hi - I am also R1 P2, but day 1. Thanks for the tips on the social outings - I think that will be the toughest part, but I am very determined to succeed.

Blog Entries
    everclear.. if determined.. you are with out a doubt able to succeed
    just plan a head.. i went to court yesterday.. and to ensure i would not get off track
    I packed a cooler with gallon of water, my tea, fruit, and had packed my allowed food cause if i had to eat i know everyone and every place has a micro wave...
    if you plan ahead to ensure you are prepared for the whole day.. even if you thought you would only stay for hour or so.. no matter how long away from home.. you can stay on track

Guys, you can do it, trust me.

I am young, have a very active social life and loooveeee social gatherings. I also love wine and gin and bread. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be bread. I am turning invites to social events left and right because I want to succeed. I tell people straight away what I'm doing and, thankfully, they are understanding and don't take it the wrong way. I know that I'll be able to party when all of this is over, and the social life is always gonna be there. This is only temporary. Not only will I get to enjoy my wine and bread later on, but I'll look damn good doing it!

Blog Entries
    exactly liptic

Blog Entries
    I always choose the beginning of summer to lose weight. What the heck is wrong with me!! LOL

Hello, I just got my drops today. Good luck!

How do you manage social events with no make-up? I dont wear a ton but I have to wear make-up at least some with a moisturizer everyday. I am deployed to Afghanistan and there is so much chlorine in the water you have to use something once a day on your face.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast