The following are some guidelines for how to self administer HCG injections for weight loss.
- Allow HCG that has been refrigerated to warm to room temperature before injection.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap.
- Clean the injection area with an alcohol swab or pad and allow it air dry slightly to ease the sting
- Take the cap off the needle. Wipe the end with an alcohol swab
- Pull back the plunger of the needle and draw out HCG. Take a close look at the side of the apparatus to make sure it has filled with the proper dose
- Gently tap the needle several times to get rid of any air bubbles in the needle
- Gently pinch the skin and insert the needle directly into the muscle
- Pull back on the syringe slightly to check for blood in the syringe. If there is blood, simply reinsert the needle in another location
- Remove the needle and put a band-aid on it. Dispose of the needle in an appropriate container.
Usually dieters use a 1″ needle for HCG injections, which is long enough to reach deep in the muscle for better absorption of the HCG. A 1/2″ needle is too short for an Intramuscular injection.
Do not self inject HCG shots if you do not fully understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of used needles and other equipment. Make sure you have all items you will need at hand before you begin self HCG injections for weight loss.