PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

Lori
01-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I have been having increased anxiety the past 2 days. I initially had some minor anxiety issues, but someone on another site mentioned that this could be linked to the HCG and I am wondering if anyone here has any info supporting/or debunking that thought. I would like to push through - and plan to try, but this is riding me fairly hard. Any suggestions?

delta78
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Hmm...this is interesting. I would guess that the anxiety isn't related to the HCG substance, but rather what you're doing, ie. a very difficult diet. I know for me, before HCG I was a total emotional eater and would eat things to help reduce my anxiety. Once I was on HCG, I couldn't do that.

Is your anxiety related at all to the injections? I know that gave me fits for a month.

Are you feeling generalized anxiety (all the time), or does it increase in certain situations/certain times of days? Is it more physiological (ie. bodily reactions - heart rate, trepidation, etc.) or cognitive (recurring thoughts, racing thoughts, etc.)?

Lori
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you!

I am only in the first week, and I think you are totally right on the emotional eating theory. I am an emotional eater, it's how I cope, and I have no coping mechanism left right now, so I am floundering and feeling vulnerable. I do feel a generalized anxiety all the time, It's increased right now due to some stuff going on at home and all that but I have bodily AND cognitive reactions to the anxiety - heart rate and trepidation, upset stomach, manic behavior, obsessive thoughts - I just can't seem to turn it off.

Do you know if I were to take medication, could it effect my results? I'm just wondering, because if this doesn't wear off a little I may have to medicate, and since all the things I used to medicate with are forbiden... well, I'm in a bit of situation. BUT I have lost 5 lbs. and I AM EXCITED, so I need to take it one day at a time I guess.

nicole96
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
This diet teaches you so much about your relationship with food. I honestly believe that I was addicted to food before doing this. Just like a drug addiction, you go through a painful withdrawal process with food addiction. If you're on your first week, I might prepare for some rough weeks ahead. I don't say this to discourage you, just to give you a heads up. Before I started this, I had 2 friends who had been through it and they both said that it was the easiest thing they'd ever done and that they felt fabulous while on the diet. That's what I expected, and it was a rude wake up call when my experience wasn't the same.

Even though the first 3 weeks were very tough and I felt like giving up many times (especially when the scale didn't move for a WEEK!), I am SO glad that I've stuck it out. It's honestly like going to rehab - miserable at first, but the long-term effects are great (and I'm not even talking about the weight loss.) I've learned so much about how I look at food and I think it will have a lifetime effect. I also feel very empowered after going 40 days without any of my favorite foods - I wondered if I could even do it, and I have!

Like you, I went through some emotional stuff in the middle of this too. Actually, to be honest, my life kind of fell apart. It was torture not to be able to self-medicate with sweets or carbs. But you know what? I pushed through and NOW when I feel crappy, I don't think "hmm...I'd feel better if I ate a brownie or five."

From what I've heard/read, medications for things like depression/anxiety/etc don't affect the course of treatment, although sometimes people require a smaller dose (ie. they usually feel better). If its really distressing, I'd see a physician/psychiatrist to see if you'd benefit from some medication - it's not worth it to be absolutely miserable. This diet is hard enough without all that! Or you might want to research some non-medication anxiety reducing techniques, like visualization, meditation, or breathing.

galita
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I occasionally get some anxiety too--it seems like, and this is for me only--I am not saying this applies universally-- that I have to get used to being in my new body. There is a lot of prejudice in this society against the obese and conversely, although I am so so happy to be 47 lbs lighter so far, I get a lot more attention being lighter and more attractive. It is embarrassing to me, like I am the awkward 14-year old again. And it can make me nervous. What I try to do when I feel this fluttery anxiety building is go look in the mirror and bless my dear, adolescent self and my new body. I always straighten up to my full 6'1" height and try to remember to give thanks for my health and life too. It seem so simple but it works for me. Hope it helps and know you are not alone.

Lori
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
thank you all so much! this really helps

Chicknlady
05-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you for sharing and your transparency, you've helped more than the gal you originally responded to. I know I can finish this now.
God bless you, and great job on your weight loss!

Chicknlady
05-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Reading what nicole96 had to say should really encourage you. She had great great advice. I'm new to this as well, wish I would have found this earlier when I started.
You're doing a great job! This is one of the hardest things I have intentionally done to myself, but I have confidence the results will be worth it.
Blessings to you,

Steve
07-02-2011, 02:25 AM
I tried so hard but i could not over come on my anxiety problem.I did exercise,try to have more and more fun but all went useless.Please suggest me any other way .

SteveMax
07-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Friend one thing i make it clear that no doctor or expert can help you unless you do not try to create a will in your self.Anxiety purely depends the power of your inside.If you want to be health and really want to get rid of this then you can perform other wise.......

Halden
07-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi,
I heard that yoga types like sun salutation and Bikram are better to overcome anxiety issues.
You should try to join a yoga center where you can do exercises like these.

Mark33
09-19-2011, 07:59 AM
u have to relux is the better solution............