PDA

View Full Version : Any one dealing with gout?

DebbieG
08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I have had gout for years but it only occasionally flairs. I have indocin that I take when this occurs. I read about in gout in "Pounds and Inches" and it said to use cell salts. So I researched cell salts and there are about 12 options under cell salts to purchase and I am not sure which one I should chose. I hit day VLCD 40 on Friday, Aug 19th and have lost 28 lbs. Anyone have any suggestions or have dealt w/gout while on VLCD?

Thanks for any info

hCG_MD
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Gout tends to flare up, especially during R2 or more, for those who have been pre-diagnosed. This is mostly due to the high uric acid levels. Limit your seafood intake, due to the purines and discuss this with your Primary Care Physician, to see if they can prescribe a preventative medication for you.

Gail
05-06-2012, 03:52 PM
My husband and I started on the HCG drops last year and he had such a very bad flair up of gout that he was on crutches for 3 weeks. We did fantastic-he lost 26 lbs and I lost 28 in 5 weeks- but because of the very bad reaction he had we stopped taking HCG. Now as we move through May of 2012 we will be starting again. His primary care is increasing his Zyloric(instead of 2 a day he will be taking 4) and we have high hopes that he will be able to continue with HCG. Anyone else have such a bad reaction?