PDA

View Full Version : Loose skin, anyone?

Cal
09-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Has anyone experienced loose skin? I'm curious about that. I know so many people end up with it even after losing just 40lbs at times... I've lost 200lbs myself and have not ever had that issue... with about 35-40lbs left to go before I reach my goal bodyfat % I know I won't experience it... I have no idea what makes the difference for people who have this issue and not... I'm curious to know about other people's experiences! So many people ask me this, and I'm clueless about it!

TJayLynn
09-28-2011, 08:36 PM
As of today I am down 42lbs and have no issues with loose skin at all, I was very surprised that I had no issues at all. I only know one other person that has done HCG in real life and she is a yoga instructor and her body is as tight as anything I have ever seen.

On a side note...Cal I just checked out your pics on the other site and wow you look amazing, and nice to finally see your face...it is a nice one you should show it off more. : )

shannon
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
I personally have lots of loose skin due to my pregnancy's which caused severe stretch marks and then gaining more weight on top of them to stretch them further. I can't imagine any form of exercise that will make that go away do the fact it had been so stretched out. It's like a rubberband once it looses its elasticity there is o getting it back and that is pretty much what my lower stumach has done. We will see what happens after a full round of P3/4 if the reshaping and skin shrinking will help any but thinking in my case it won't.

shel2671
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
I am right there with Shannon, I have loose skin in the lower tummy from the pregnancies, mostly from my second. I wear those stretch marks proud! From weight loss alone I can't say I have noticed any loose skin.

4myhealth2
10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
I am pretty sure I have this to look forward to, lol however im loving my new way of life. my first kids were twins and that was 12 yrs ago and 4 kids later. The kids after them had a mansion to expand in. I was so big with the twins I remember someone at a restaurant even asked me how many kids I was carrying and I said 2, she then turned around to a table of many people and said, "I told you"! I still wonder how long the discussion went on before she couln't take it no more and just had to ask, lol.

Totti
01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
I guess it have some effect with the age. Or it should have something to do with the age.
How old are you btw?

reetpeteet
01-26-2012, 07:50 AM
For those of us who are alittle more (ahem) 'mature'...thought I'd share...I'm 56, and lost just over 38 lbs in R1 the end of last year. I have no children, but had some loose skin in the belly area after completing the round, and figured that skin 'recovery' would not be an option, because we lose the elasticity as we age. Well.. just returned from a 5 week vacay in Jamaica, where I a wore a bikini for the first time in my life, (and nobody ran away screaming :))...actually got compliments. Much to my delight, the loose belly 'flab' has indeed firmed up a substantial amount...I do 25 ab crunches every morning. I avoid processed foods, and try to eat very 'clean'. Now, I'm 'psyching' myself up to lose the last 20-25 in another round. :)

april
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
That is awesome. I have some loose belly son as well but It seems tighter than I have had from other diets. I am planning on doing a small amount of crunches each day and upping it as I feel comfortable. I have had two kids and also a hysterectomy so I have four scars on my tummy..will be looking for a cute tankini but still happy with that none the less.
For those of us who are alittle more (ahem) 'mature'...thought I'd share...I'm 56, and lost just over 38 lbs in R1 the end of last year. I have no children, but had some loose skin in the belly area after completing the round, and figured that skin 'recovery' would not be an option, because we lose the elasticity as we age. Well.. just returned from a 5 week vacay in Jamaica, where I a wore a bikini for the first time in my life, (and nobody ran away screaming :))...actually got compliments. Much to my delight, the loose belly 'flab' has indeed firmed up a substantial amount...I do 25 ab crunches every morning. I avoid processed foods, and try to eat very 'clean'. Now, I'm 'psyching' myself up to lose the last 20-25 in another round. :)

pharmgal89
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM
ARGH! I am already hitting up my Grandfather for $ for a tummy tuck, lol. I am close to goal and this skin has been stretched for most of my life. I have been overweight since elementary school and I am mid 40's now. I don't see how any amount of exercise will change it. My silly brother said he wonders what the skin weighs!

shannon
01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Pharmgal I would really wait for several months after you are done loosing as your skin will continue to shrink and reshape once you begin P3/4 and then forever. I have been done with HCG and lost over 50 lbs, I had massive loose skin and over the last few months I have seen major tightening of the skin in lots of places on my body. Taking reservatrol also helps with the skin shrinking and I have been taking it daily since ending HCG.

Alexander_jo
03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey,
Well now a day lot of diet plane available,
Which is quite good and working well for skin loss.

Gr8yassir
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I lose skin in but now I healthier it by exercising and well food.