PDA

View Full Version : Loose skin under chin

Cricket
11-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Or otherwise known as turkey neck. Ewww! LOL! My first 2 rounds I lost 50lbs in a time span of appx 3.5 months I believe (one long round, waited 6 weeks and then a short round). I then waited 8 months before doing a 3rd round.

One thing I've noticed as far as loose skin is a little under my chin/neck area. You can't notice it in head on pictures but profile pictures you can. I hate it. I know it's skin and not fat because after that initial large amount of weightloss, after 8 months it hasn't tightened. Sadly, the only solution is surgery. Which I highly doubt I could of afford. My husband says he doesn't notice it, but I do and don't like it at all.

Oddly, this is the only place I seem to have a little loose skin. I must of been rocking a double chin with all that weight (207lbs). Another thing is my age; 42 and I know when you get older skin doesn't bounce back as well.

Does anyone else notice this issue?

carena28
11-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I think it's an age thing. Even being overweight and having a reasonably young looking face (thanks to genetics and oily skin), I noticed loose skin on my neck around a year ago for the first time (I'm 50 now but this was around 48-49) and it is disheartening. I have heard of things like massaging with apricot oil, going for those body wraps (maybe they do them for the face), and treatment with ice and the like. I don't think there's much you can do, but I'm pretty sure there must be a way of toning that area up. When they do shows like the Biggest Loser, people seem to lose the body weight with some loose skin, but I haven't noticed it on the contestant's faces so far. I think surgery is a really drastic step to take and I would definitely consult a beautician/naturopath or health professional before taking this step. My mother had a lot of plastic surgery as did friends of mine, and the recovery seemed to be a painful process. Good luck with whatever you decide and a big gidday to you from down under here in Australia!

shannon
11-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Try taking reservatrol daily it is great for the skin and helps big time.

MamaMini
12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I have that too.....it started in my late 30's and anytime I get under 140, POOF!... there's the waddle. I have come to embrace it. It shows that there is a playful little turkey in me!!! :)

I tried using some firming cream on it.....I found a stomach smoothing potion at Ross one day (Of all places)...It worked on the waddle, and the poochy old lady skin I get around the belly button when I lose weight.

Man, what happened? I still FEEL 28......

shannon
12-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Reservatrol is great for helping with the skin tightening I take it daily and can tell the difference after just a month.

MamaMini what kind of smoothing potion did you find?

ryansmith
02-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Tanning your skin will help you a lot. Every day gentle massage will tighten up your skin. But it is a slow process.

Gr8mudassir
03-29-2012, 11:51 AM
It's interesting. Thanks for sharing useful information.

Gr8yassir
04-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Hi all! Thanks for sporting this community and your notions about this interesting topics.