PDA

View Full Version : Heart Fluttering

HCG4me
08-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I've posted this on a few threads now and will be calling my doctor tomorrow. Every so often I was getting these heart flutters/palpitations. They didn't last long and I had no pain at all.

Tonight I found this and will ask the doctor if this is what is the cause of HCG, blood volume, excess fat carried in the blood on it's way to breaking down and out of my body. I will keep you all posted.

(From researching 'pregnancy and heart flutters):
Increased Blood VolumeA pregnant woman's body contains far more blood---up to 50 percent more---than that of a non-pregnant woman, explain Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel, in their book "What To Expect When You're Expecting." This provides for the needs of the growing baby by ensuring that there's plenty of blood for both mother and fetus. Unfortunately, a pregnant woman must move that significantly enhanced blood volume around her body with the very same heart she relies upon while not pregnant, meaning that the heart has to work much harder during pregnancy than during other times. The increased workload forces the heart to beat with greater force and more frequently in order to keep blood pressure adequate; this results in more frequent "errors" in heartbeat---moments during which the beat becomes a bit asynchronous---and these errors are felt as palpitations. Typically, they last only a few seconds, and are generally not accompanied by any other symptoms.

Read more: What Causes Heart Palpitations During Pregnancy? | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/183623-what-causes-heart-palpitations-during-pregnancy/#ixzz23ZaqtIFH)

april
08-15-2012, 06:41 AM
I really hope it is just that..keep us posted.

HCG4me
08-26-2012, 06:11 AM
I discovered your heart will flutter if you don't have enough potassium and magnesium. I was given horse pills for potassium that I have just started taking again (from the doc) and just ordered some magnesium and calcium via Amazon (Peter Gillham's Nat Vitality Calm Plus Calcium). I am taking a multi vitamin but maybe it's not the greatest one (picked it up at Wegmans supermarket) and maybe I need more magnesium than what it contains. I'll continue to keep you posted. Fluttering has stopped now that I am eating more in the mornings (1 egg and 1 egg white) but weight loss has come to a grinding halt, fluctuating daily up then down .5 lbs...only 4 more hcg shots left for round 1 so I'll just finish out this week and go on phase III.

april
08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Sorry the loses have gotten all whacked out..but glad the fluttering has stopped. I do just egg whites in the morning..no yolk. I feel that on this diet our bodies are sensitive the fat, so I do not want it in there (the yolk). Try just egg whites for the extra protein and see if that helps.

HCG4me
08-30-2012, 06:31 AM
April I'll do just that with the eggs. I called the lab yesterday. They swore there was nothing else in their product other than HCG. They get it into their company and do extra testing. I'm still going to make an appt with the heart doc just to check things out. I had my last HCG shot 2 days ago so some of it is probably still in my system as I still have some fluttering. The lab said fluttering could be caused from dehydration and/or low blood sugar. I was pre-diabetic before HCG so maybe that's the issue. I'll know better when I go to the heart doc.

april
08-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Good luck..

shannon
08-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I do know that dehydration can cause heart flutters and I actually had a bad episode when I was in my first round and even went to the ER. My heart and everything checked out great and they really didn't find anything wrong with me other then dehydration and drinking way too much water can dehydrate you and that was my problem I was drinking way too much.

kiyatylese
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I agree with a previous post about potassium and magnesium imbalance causing heart flutters. Dehydration will also cause electrolyte imbalace.
I had to start taking potassium and magnesium for similar side effects. They have disappeared since then.

HCG4me
09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I wanted to give you all an update. I finished my first round of shots, and still had the fluttering going on from just slowly walking up a flight of steps. However during the two days after my last shot where the HCG was still in my system, it was noticibly less. Googling online about HCG and heart fluttering I found out that this diet can cause electrolyte imbalance. So I picked up a few boxes of EMERGEN-C vitamin powder that has electrolytes in it, and also a bottle of pediasure (gatorade had too many calories) and I took 2 pkgs of the vitamin powder and only drank 1 bottle of pediasure and each day i felt better and better, and now I'm ok. Still made the heart doc appointment just to check it out, but I think just the potassium pill the doc gave me wasn't enough. I needed to make sure my electrolytes were not depleted.

It still hasn't discouraged me from getting on my next round of HCG. I called the pharmacy and they said they randomly take samples to ensure nothing was added to the HCG. My guess is some accellerant was added, and while I will never be able to prove it (well, unless I find a lab cuz I did save one needle/hcg shot in my fridge) I felt exactly the same way when I am given lidocaine at the dentist, which when I pop a beta blocker (inderol) my symptoms subside, just like when my heart went bonkers on the HCG shots.

I'm also going to check out the brand of drops most of you are using on this site and nix the needles from that lab for my round #2.