PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Phase 3

Zuliz
05-06-2011, 07:54 PM
So today is my Day 3 of P3 - My LDW was 157.1lb/71.3kg - I'm very pleased with my weightloss - of course not nearly as much as my meat-eating friends, but a great success for me!! Now for the hard part - stabilising!! So Day 1 starts and I'm v prepared - I have my protein shake for breakfast with my usual coffee - apple for morning tea (nothing unusual yet) for lunch I can mix a salad Yay!!! and add tuna and feta with an olive oil and vinegar dressing - double yay!! Oh my goodness am I full after that..... hmmm... dinner? I had a few almonds for afternoon tea - to try and get my calories up and of course some protein!! I got home and grilled eggplant and peppers - my favourite! Protein??!! Oh a slab of tasty cheese with almond butter - hmm tummy a bit upset now - v v full. Maintained LDW.

Day 2 - same deal except I add some avocado to my salad and more grilled veggies. another salad for early dinner and the same cheese and almond butter to try to add to my protein - I woke half way through the night with a terrible stomach ache - I haven't had something like that for years - kind of feeling when you were a kid and you ate too much at a party. Maintained LDW -.2lb.

My problem is that I'm worried about my protein intake and that I'm not getting enough, I find it really hard to keep eating because I'm just not hungry! I guess each day is an experiment as such and we just have to be vigilant in keeping a food diary of what we eat and how it affects us both physically and in terms of our weight.

Would love to hear from others who are in P3 too with any thoughts and ideas. Good luck everyone. ;D

Trisha79
05-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats on finishing phase 2!! You have done an amazing job and I hope to be with you very soon on phase three. You are officially not over weight as far as BMI goes, that is what I am trying to go for before this bottle is done but I am five pounds away and doing the teeter totter thing so I'm not sure if I'll get there. I'm absolutely drooling reading what you are eating, I can hardly wait. Almonds, cheese, grilled egg plant, I shouldn't even read that it makes me so hungry. I hope it works out for you, I am worried myself about getting enough protein so I hope someone has some insight. When you went off the HCG but kept up the VLCD did you get really hungry? I am worried about losing my HCG security blanket.

Zuliz
05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi Trisha79 thanks for all that. No I was so surprised that I wasn't hungry at all - in fact the opposite - just a small amount of food and I have been really full at times. Yesterday I shifted it up a bit and had a vegetable green curry - I added tofu bows to it to give it a bit of oomph! It was soooo delicious. I dropped by a friends house at lunch and he had done some sesame tuna grilled - yum! and then also after dinner I had a small skim milk yoghurt and this morning - yay weight is still stable.

I'm the same - didn't make it quite to my goal weight still another 4lbs or so but that's ok - I'm happy atm and will think about doing another round later in the year to get rid of the last few pounds. I'm so surprised each day too that I haven't put on any weight - I was so nervous about the P3 thing - very scarey considering what we have to do to get to this stage. Remember: The VLCD no drops days are only 2 not 3 like if you're doing injections. So it's not too bad at all - but I def was not hungry and actually still aren't!!! Good luck and keep happy!!

Trisha79
05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I would love to hear how it's going for you. Your the vegetarian guinea pig I need to watch so I know what not to do when I hit P3 :)

juststrtd
05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
This is going to be a stupid question but I'm assuming it is alright to eat a protein strength bar if your a vegetarian. I've been a vegetarian for about 7 months now and am starting to feel as though I'm not getting any protein. Any other suggestions besides protein bars?

wis-jeny
03-30-2012, 05:52 AM
I heard very much about these types of diets but I not sure whether it is good or not. I am looking for more better options as my friend suggested me about homeopathic hcg as it is best in all.

octopolar
04-10-2012, 11:41 PM
You can get protein from vegetables (http://www.healthalternatives2000.com/vegetables-nutrition-chart.html), eating them raw helps (cooking reduces the nutrients you can get from vegetables)

Lucinda Rohu
04-19-2012, 07:32 AM
The Dukan Weight loss program is one of the most recognized diet programs in France. It's really a protein-based eating habits created by French nutritionist as well as diet professional, Pierre Dukan. Although Dukan has actually been offering his diet program for more than thirty years, its reputation has increased since two thousand. His guide The Dukan Weight loss program is any best seller in France while promoting much more than ten million books around the world. The book has actually since been converted into fourteen languages and also released in thirty two countries. The Dukan Diet program was published throughout the UK in May 2010, also in the US in April 2011.
firmthighsandbutt.com