Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Freaking out over nothing?

Okay so I'm new, to to diet and the forum. But basically this is what happen.

Day 1-> loading... gained 3lbs.
    Day 2-> loading... lost 1lb.
    Day 3-> 400 cals... lost 3lbs.
    Day 4-> Cracked, ate mcdonalds, didn't weight in.
    Day 5-> 400 cals... lost 3.5lbs.
    Day 6-> 400 cals... .5lbs.

The reason I'm eating 400 cals and not 500 is because I couldn't find the toast and breadsticks thingies and I'm not craving them so I'm just not worrying about it. And the 400 is a guess.

Anyway so I'm freaking out a little over only loosing half a pound. I did the same amount of exercise (which would be stocking overnight at walmart), I ate the same foods except usually I eat ...

Breakfast- fruit, veggie, meat
    Lunch- veggie, meat
    Dinner- fruit

and yesterday I ate

Breakfast- veggie, meat
    Lunch- fruit, meat
    Dinner- fruit, veggie

But I don't think that should change things much.

Also I didn't drink as much water as I would have liked. Usually I drink about 120 oz or more. Yesterday I only drank 64 oz. Mostly because I was too fatigued after work and being on the diet that I decided not to get up and get more (has a 64 oz water bottle).

I know I still lost and I should be happy but it's really frustrating when I expected to loose another three pounds and get very close to a milestone...

I'm afraid that eating so little is ruining my metabolism... and maybe I should eat mcdonalds once a week or something... not sure... can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Shroudy,

I am new as well, but have done this diet before. Please don't freak out! Losses are from .5-4lbs depending on how much you have to lose. That being said you know exactly what happened as you stated in your post. You ate mcdonald's, that is cause for a gain, but you still lost so be very happy about that, and your water intake decreased.

A few notes though:
    1. No more cheating, I know it is hard sometimes, but the reward in the end is well worth it.
    2. Track what you are eating, do not just guess, follow protocol to the letter.
    3. Get your water
    4. Every loss no matter how small should be celebrated.

Good luck to you,
    Mia

Blog Entries
    Also,

I am not sure how working through the night affects weight loss. What time do you weigh in (when you get home, or after waking up from sleep)? Just a thought. Maybe some of the others have experienced this.

You will do fine,
    Mia

Blog Entries
    If you do not have melba to eat you need to add additional calories with your veggies, you should hit as close to 500 as possible or your body will go into starvation mode.

I do track what I eat. Except for the cheating bit.

9:00pm wake up, weigh, eat breakfast.
    10:00pm go to work
    2:00am lunch break, eat lunch
    7:00am get off work, eat dinner
    12:00noon go to bed

I weight at the same time in the same situation every day. I eat the same things every day except I alternate between beef and chicken and orange and apple. I always have a tomato. The only variable I can see is that I only have a bowl movement about every other day on this diet. I had one yesterday but it was small comparatively. So I donno.

With the water:
    1 Liter = 33.8140226 Fluid Ounces [US]
    That means that I drank 2 liters yesterday, which I understand to be what is recommended on this diet so I don't see how that should be a problem.
    Same amount of salt each day.

TJayLynn--> The original book says that it's okay to skip meals or food, that's why I wasn't worried about it. But if I don't loose a lot tomorrow than I'll find out what my cal intake is and add more tomatoes. I just love tomatoes.

Blog Entries
    Shroudy,

Understand that cheating can cause a gain or a stall for several days to a week. So you could be experiencing a stall do to the cheating. Just continue to follow the protocol and you will do fine. Also, make sure you look into varying protein and veggie, this can cause a stall as well. I am not sure on this one but if you do a search in the forum or in the diet manual you will find information on it.

Thanks I'll try to stay on it.

Blog Entries
    Shroudy you need to get as close to 500 calories as possible no matter what it is very important! If you dont' want to eat the melba that is fine but you should definately up your protein a little before you up your vegi amount. Tomato's also seem to cause people to gain or stall due to the sugar in them so that could be part of the problem but more then likely it is from the McDonalds you ate and gains have a tendancy to show 2 days after you cheat. 2 liters of water is not nearly enough water you should be drinking about a gallon a day.

Hang in there no more cheating and get your calories in! If you don't your body will go into starvation mode and you will then start loosing lean muscle mass and your good fats on your body.

Blog Entries
    Ya what Shannon said....: )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast