Day 7 & devestating 4 lb. gain this morning... pre period time? what now?

New to the diet, but have had exciting success in the first few days - 9.5 lbs on morning of day 6. BUT ~ this morning I woke up all excited about weigh in (never thought I'd ever be excited about that!), and upon reweighing 6 times to make sure ~ I'm up 4 lbs from yesterday. Feeling pretty devastated at the moment.

I know my period is on it's way in the next 3-4 days so I don't know if this is a normal pre period bloating and water retention?! Help!!! Anyone out there with some wisdom about this?

Just need a little encouragement and insight.

Blog Entries
    If you have not cheated and have been keeping your calories at 500 every day and eating strict protocol it is more then likely due to your TOM about to start. HCG does very weird things to your TOM while taking it. Hang in there and hopefully things will get back to normal soon!

Thanks Shannon ~ read your whole thread this morning and truly, it got me through. Congratulations on your success!

Did you keep taking the HCG during your TOM and stick to the protocol?

I'm stuck to it and haven't cheated - so this morning really stunned me. But so determined to hang in there. The forum is very helpful in figuring things out.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Canyongirl! It has been quite the ride thats for sure

I don't have a TOM but if you are doing the drops you don't have to quit taking them and can just continue on as normal. You only stop if doing the injections during TOM.

This forum is great for support and encouragement and everyone is always willing to help if they can. Hang in there you can do it!