Page 1 of 622 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: april's journey

Blog Entries

april's journey

I am on day 3 of Phase 2 and already down 5.5 pounds (if you count the 2 I put on loading). I weighed 165 and want to be 130. I was 130 about 4 years ago before my mother in law and both grandparents passed away. That coupled with a ton of work stress and a child with sensory processing disorder and I slowly inched my way from a size 6 to a size 10. Throw in a thyroid problem that I had to fight to get treated as well..and here I am

It is hard because I am pretty active and I eat pretty well, at least I thought I did until I started this diet. I think this is not only adjusting my body, but my mindset and how I will plan my meals at both work and at home. The thing I miss the most is a glass of wine at the end of the day, but I figured if I could give it up for 9 months of pregnancy I could do the same for like 30 days. It helped that I made some changes in my life to prep for this diet. I made sure I limited my wine intake and only drank on special occasions..instead of when I was stressed. I also began to drink more water. I am in Colorado and water is a must here anyway..most people carry a water bottle with them everywhere they go.

I have had a few friends who have been successful on this diet and I have several friends at work doing it also, it helps. Working in a psychiatric hospital can be stressful and there is often a lot of snacks around..I have told my colleagues that I may be spending more time in my office when there is extra food around. My problem is snacking..my co-workers joke that I love fractions...as I usually am the one that cuts a piece off and eats that, the problem is by the end of the day I probably should have had the whole thing and been done with it.

This support site has been great in answering questions. I am hoping to be able to still play tennis on this diet. I guess I will know more on wed after my morning cardio drill I usually attend.

what I am more dreading is the memorial service and lunch at the country club I have to go to on wed..I am afraid that I will end up only being able to eat salad with no dressing because I bet the protein will be cooked in something I should not have. NOt willing to risk my diet to be polite..sorry.

Welcome and way to go on your weight loss. You will find a great support group here. As to your luncheon, do the best you can. Maybe you can ask if they have oil and vinegar and just use the vinegar and no one will know. Push the protein, if it's off the program, to the side and no one will notice you aren't eating your full plate. Bring some chicken that you can nipple on after you leave if there is reasons you didn't get enough to eat and need to do alot of other things.

Good luck with that and awesome job on the 5.5 weight loss. That's fantastic!!

Welcome, April! Way to go on the 5.5 lb loss! That's a great start!

Blog Entries
    Welcome April and looking forward to watching your journey!

Blog Entries
    got a little nervous today, it seemed like this may have been the first time I went over my calories, but when I went on myfitness pass..it was only 12 over. I cannot seem to find good estimates of how many calories are in certain portions. I have a cheat sheet that came with my gf's protocol so I have been using that. It sees like I am staying the in ballpark though. I was a little disappointed this morning with only a .5 loss on the scale but I did not give up and stuck to it all day. This is day 4 on the phase 2 and I think I feel the best today yet.

I am a little nervous about tomorrow. I am going to play tennis at 630am for one hour. It is a cardio dril. I have added about a half ounce of protein to my lunch to make up for some of what I might burn. I also have to go to a funeral and luncheon. At first I thought I would just try to make it work..now I have decided it is not worth it, so I am going to tell a little white lie and say I have to get back to work, then come home and eat. I am def. not ready to try to make this work outside of making food myself.

I have been amazed at my grocery bill, for me it has been way less as I am not buying wine and all the good snacks that I usually like to go with it. Looking forward to another couple of days of progress. I am going to keep an open mind and keep looking forward. There is no way I am going to stop this until I meet my goal..
    started at 167 at the end of my load day..today I am 161.2...
    cannot wait to be below 160.

Blog Entries
    Great job April and way to keep focused on your goal!! You will be out of the 160's in the blink of an eye!!

That's awesome April! You say you use myfitnesspal? If so, add me! My link is below in my signature. =)

Blog Entries
    tennis this morning was awesome and I played well. I was not tired and I made a point of not overdoing it. I think it actually helped my game as I was really relaxed. I am hoping that I do not stall tomorrow...but If so I will just stay focused and power on. I also went to the memorial service and just left when they served the meal. I felt so proud of myself for not even wanting to stay or have a glass of wine. I am really looking forward to this whole experience being a life changer for me. It is funny because I am actually eating similar to how I usually feed my kids, so in the long run I think it will benefit us all.

You are doing great, April! You will pass 160 in no time!

Blog Entries
    no gain, no loss...keeping the faith that tomorrow I will see some change in the right direction

Page 1 of 622 1231151101501 ... LastLast