Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks everybody for all the words of encouragement! I'm so siked now! So I weighed this morning after my 2 days of loading and I gained 4 lbs. So I'm up to 188.5 now. I'm not worried though, I know I will loose the weight within the first week. I made up a little countdown calendar for myself, and cooked enough meals to last me a few days so I can just eat whenever its time. This morning I noticed I was a little bit dizzy a couple hours after taking the hcg and also felt sleepy around that time. Got extremely hungry around 11am and then it died off. I ate my chicken and cabbage for lunch and an apple and feel just fine. Plus I'm trying to drink a 16oz bottled water at each meal as well which helps with fullness too. Can't wait until a week from now, I'm excited to see what my results will be!

@Tjaylynn, thanks for reminding me about treating myself for each small goal reached. You are so right about that. I used to do that every month as a reward for jogging faithfully. So now I think I should start that for following this diet and loosing the weight. New earrings or some jewelry sounds good. Plus with all the money I'll be saving on food, I definitely deserve a treat :-)

@Valerie and April, I did read through Pounds and Inches last night and it was very informative. Now I know kinda what people are talking about on this forum. I'm not following the diet exactly, I'm doing kinda a hybrid between the booklet that came with my drops and Dr. Simeon's manuscript. For instance, I want to eat breakfast. My booklet says I can, so I'm having 3 egg whites and 45 calorie toast and black coffee for breakfast. Then for lunch 1 apple, 2oz (50grams) of chicken breast, and 1 cup cooked cabbage. Then for dinner (I'm going to do the same protein for lunch and dinner I think, because I want to stick with organic chicken since I'm just coming off being a vegetarian, I figure the egg whites in the morning is enough variety) 4 oz(100 grams) of chicken breast, 1 cup of cooked cabbage, and I have to see if I can have the apple again or not, because I think in Dr. Simeon's manuscript you are only allowed 1 breadstick and 1 apple besides the meals. I can't remember so I have to check it out. SO depending on what it says I may add the apple again at dinner.

@ JenniJenni, I actually do feel pretty good and energized already. I just genuinely feel good, I can't explain it. I feel like I do when I take vitamin B, maybe my drops have a little in there or something. I hope this feeling stays!

Okay everyone well I will probably check back in mid week, because if I loose any weight I will be too excited to wait until Sunday to post :-) Later!

Blog Entries
    you know I did 2 egg whites in the morning as well. I am still of the mindset that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that dinner is the smallest as it is the closest to bed time. Good luck. I would cut out the breadsticks if you are having a 45 calorie toast and I would not have two apples, try a different fruit in the afternoon. Someone told me that they thought you should not eat fruit after 430 so I always had my second fruit in the mid afternoon. I thought it helped. I was stuffed at dinner. I would suggest if you are going to have the same protein to have a different veggie at each meal if you can.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Shantay.....these ladies on here are full of HELPFUL and USEFUL information!!! If I have a question, I don't hesitate to ask...they are very supportive and encouraging...I have only been on here since the beginning of the month, but I feel like I know a lot of them from their stories...they are all wonderful and beautiful women!! So excited for you and your journey!!! Again...WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Blog Entries
    oops...sorry...spelled your name wrong...damn fingers move too fast for my own good!!!!

Glad you are feelin' good! My drops do have a little B12 in them plus I take a B12 supplement along with some potassium.
    I can't wait to see your check-in!!

Blog Entries
    Thought I would give you a few quick tips. Take your 500 calories and subtract your proteins for the day (you should have two different such as chicken and fish) then I subtract my two fruits for the day (choose two different fruits) then subtract your melba or breadstick (if you choose to use them) and then the left over calories are what you are allowed for your two veggies for the day. I do it this way because I go from largest calories to smallest. Do not use broth from a store-make your own. Any spices that you use look at the ingredients on the side and make sure it does not contain salt or sugars.

I hope you have an amazing journey!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Shanty and I can't wait to watch your journey! You have come to a great place for support and encouragement and for help with any questions you might have!

Hello Everybody, I just wrote a long long reply and then it didn't post! Now I gotta write this all over again. Hope I don't leave anything out. Okay so I'm checking in and as of yesterday I weighed 177 which is a 11.5lb weightloss if you count the 4lbs gained during gorging. However, I stopped the hcg yesterday due to some side effects I was having that kind of scared me. Also, I went to a bonfire on saturday night and people kept asking me why I wasn't eating so when I explained the diet to 1 person in particular she pretty much went-off and told me that I shouldn't be on this diet because her 26yr old nephew died from Aceto Acidosis (however you spell it) from eating alot of protein and not enough carbs and she claimed the VLCD is not enough carbs, plus she said if I was suspecting I was pre-diabetic (which I think I might be) that I really shouldn't be on this diet. Now, to be honest she totally irritated me talking like that, but in the end I know she was just concerned. However, I realize that doctor's do prescribe this diet, so it can't be that dangerous. In the end however, when I started thinking about my weird side-effects and what my friend said it scared me enough to stop. My delima is that I REALLY WANT TO DO THE HCG DIET!! I feel like it works!

Okay so I'm going to tell you my side effects now, and please please share with me if any of you had the same ones. I kept getting a tingly feeling in my feet and legs when I tried to sleep at night, also in my arms, and I mean BAD to the point where I could hardly sleep. I had this same feeling on phentermine. This makes me wonder if it is from the VLCD or the supplement. Also had a heavy feeling in my chest which scared me. However, I suffer from anxiety which has sent me to the hospital a couple of times for chest pain and of course my heart always comes back fine and normal. So I'm wondering if I'm just experiencing anxiety over trying something new. I did also wake up one night with my chest burning, I chalked it up to acid reflux from not eating like I normally do. Was also feeling a weird sensation of stuff moving through my body, and muscles contracting involuntarily. I am wondering if perhaps I should've been on a multi-vitamin while doing this program because I peed more than ever before on this diet,and drank more water than ever before and I suspect I lost electrolytes very quickly and potassium. So I went out and got some multi-vitamins yesterday and started taking them, and I ate normal (well with some caloric restrictions but not so extreme) and stopped the VLCD yesterday. Today I feel just great. Also I got a hepatitis b vaccination on Wednesday and I noticed I really felt worse after that. So I am confused as to if the vaccination caused me to feel terrible, or if it was the hcg coupled with the vaccination? I started the 3 part series of hep b because I'm going into nursing school in Jan.

So, here is what I'm thinking of doing so I can continue with the hcg. Tell me what you think. I am considering doing 1 week on and 1 week off. I feel like this way it wouldn't be so so extreme, and I could always spend the next week after the VLCD replenishing my electrolytes and potassium. I would only need to do it 3 more times to get to my goal weight before school starts back up in Jan. I'm trying to stick to a certain caloric intake the weeks I'm not on the hcg so that I don't gain any substantial weight back. For instance, I'm still staying away from sugar and sweets, and avoiding alot of carbs, and pain stakingly making sure I don't go over the amount of calories to maintain a weight of about 140 which is my goal. Does anybody think this could work? At this point I don't feel like doing a regular diet and excercise is going to cut it for me. I NEED something extreme like this to get to my goal. BUT I feel like a week on and off could be a way to make it easier on my body (even though I'm sure the constant fluctuation would take getting used to). But then again, the fluctation might be good for my weightloss not to stall. I wonder if I should lower my hcg intake next time. I was filling the dropper to 50 which is half like they suggest.

Any suggestions or advice would help me greatly! Thanks everyone!

Hi Shanty. Wow, great results so far with the 11.5 pounds. I've been on HCG for 4 weeks now and have not had the side effects you are talking about. I had hunger pains the first week or so, but that's about it. Some people do complain of dizziness or headaches in the beginning. Also, I do seem to be sensitive to the sodium taste the last couple of weeks (like you mentioned in an earlier post). As far as the tingling I have not experienced that at all. (although I get cold a lot easier which is probably due to the fact there is relatively no fat intake. If you suspect you are diabetic, I would consult your doctor about the HCG. You really should do this before starting "ANY" diet with health issues. I did not have the chest discomfort you are speaking of either.....that could be caused from the b12 in the drops if you are not used to taking B's, but I would again check with the Dr. if you have any concerns like that.

It is my understanding that for the HCG to work and have an effect on you, you have to take it for the minimum of 23 days and follow the protocol. I have not heard of anyone doing a week on and a week off. Seems like you've had good results so far so I don't blame you for not wanting to give up. It does get easier as you go longer. Listen to your body and see what your doctor has to say about the chest discomfort, and then make your decision.

Hi Fifi, thanks for the advice. Actually I originally thought the hcg drops had some B in them but I read the ingredients and they don't. I wonder if my body is just sensitive to this hormone. It definitely kicked in for me because for the week I was on them I got all crampy like my period was going to start again even though I just had it. Cramps hit me so hard in the grocery store it was all I could do not to double over in the potato chip aisle. As soon as I stopped the drops, all my bad feelings went away. This is why I feel like one week on and off might work for me as an individual because it felt like as the days went on the hcg was building up in my body and causing my symptoms to worsen. I think if I can do it for a minimum of 7 days and then take another 7 days break, this might stop the hcg from building up too much for me. I thought about it alot and I am going to try it. If it works and I keep loosing weight I will DEFINITELY let everyone know. You mentioned being cold also, and I was freezing! This went along with my tingly feelings at night. One night I was so cold, I thought I had no blood circulating at all to keep me warm. Like I said, this is similar to what happened to me on phentermine and what scared me into stopping that too. Maybe I'm sensitive to weightloss supplements and medications or something? Anyhow, I'm also going to try my regular exercise routine again the weeks I'm off the hcg. So in a few, I'm going out for a 2 mile jog. I'm going to try to do it 5 days a week the weeks I'm doing my regular dieting. This should definitely keep me from gaining while waiting for the hcg week. I hope this works for me, I'm just so sad I can't do like everybody else and just stick to it. I have to go to the doc in a few weeks anyhow for my next hep b vaccination and I might mention the hcg at that point. Thanks for the advice Fifi, I appreciate you taking the time. I will keep you posted :-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast