Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Shanty's Weightloss Journal

Hello I'm Shanty (pronounced Shawn-tay) in case you were wondering :-)

My husband mentioned the hcg diet to me a couple of weeks ago in passing conversation and so I started doing some snooping around online. I watched an episode of Dr. Oz where he really was promoting the product as safe and effective, and then I found this forum and basically that is what convinced me. Seems like most everyone on here has success when they follow the diet right.

My weightloss journey began in April 2010 when my husband and I celebrated our 4yr anniversary. I felt really heavy and uncomfortable at 207 lbs. I decided that by my next anniversary I wanted to be lighter. So I embarked on a vegetarian diet from that point until this past summer. I also began jogging faithfully several days a week. I got down to around 179. Well, school got very hectic for me over the summer (I'm trying to get into a nursing program, which I found out yesterday I got accepted to...yippie!!) but the summer was very gruelling as I completed my core classes. I started eating carbs like crazy because I was a vegetarian and drinking lots of coffee and soda to stay awake into the wee hours of the night so I could study and cram for tests. I got out of my good habbit of jogging too. There was just no time. So now my weight has crept up to 184.5. I really hope the hcg diet can work for me. My goal weight this go round is 144 lbs. My real goal is 120lbs but that will come in due time. For now I'll be happy to drop 40 lbs.

So I started loading yesterday. What I have eaten is just so hilarious I have to share it with everyone, because I NEVER eat like this:
    Friday:
    Breakfast- McDonalds (hash brown, egg mcmuffin, caramel mocha latte, bacon egg and cheese biscuit)
    Lunch- American deli AND Sonics (20 wings from AD, and 2 orders of mozzerella sticks from Sonics)
    Dinner- what I couldn't finish at lunch I ate for dinner

Saturday (today)
    Breakfast- Sonics (2 breakfast burritos, tatar totts, dr. peper)
    Lunch- Chinese (1 order of crab ragoon, beef and brocolli with fried rice, 2 egg rolls) then I walked over to the grocery store and got a krispy creme glazed cherry pie LOL
    Dinner will be the rest of what I couldn't finish at lunch (I might eat some popcorn too later)

Side effects:
    One thing I have noticed since I've been taking the drops is that my food tastes incredibily SALTY!!! Not sure if I'm just not used to these types of foods anymore, or if its the hcg drops. I noticed a very strange taste in my mouth last night, that I'm sure is from the drops. Has anybody else experience this? I also had a headache that wouldn't quit yesterday, but again it could've been the salty foods. I had a headache thursday before I ever started the hcg. Also feel a very wide awake, almost jittery?? Is that a side effect? I haven't had coffee since this morning. I got my drops from hcg ultra diet drops, which got good reviews.

So, tomorrow starts phase 2 the VLCD. I think I'm going to cook up a large batch of cabbage and several pieces of chicken so they will be ready for me when I'm running to school Monday and Tuesday. This should keep me from being tempted to eat someting I shouldn't if the food is already prepared. I'm so excited! I am really looking forward to loosing the first 10lbs because my weight hit a plateau about 10 months ago and just won't budge and like I said, now its going up since I stopped the vegetarian diet and stopped running. I'm hoping when I drop 40lbs I can go back to jogging again (easier on my knees).

Also my friend and I were talking about how we want to be in good shape when the nursing program starts in Jan because its SOOO demanding, and exhausting, you really need to be at your highest energy level to be successful. With all this extra weight its hard to have the energy needed to push yourself. It will be such an accomplishment for me to enter the program Jan 2012 with a new body! Hopefully by then I could do round 2 maybe and loose the last 20lbs.

Okay well there you have it. I weighed 184.5 before the load started, and I'm going to weigh again tomorrow morning to see how much I gained in the load. Then I'll know exactly how much I'm loosing as the VLCD proceeds. I'll be checking in here at least weekly to post my weightloss results and hopefully make some new friends :-)

P.S. where does everyone get the measuring tape thingy from?

Welcome aboard! It is a great program and the support here is so helpful!

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn and get some support. I also used the same drops and I was not jittery at all. Maybe you ate more sugar than you are used to. I did not have any sugar on my load. I had heard it could give you a bit of headache to come down from. I ate mostly good fats and a few carbs, when I do it again I am going to try to limit my carbs as well and only eat good fats. I did eat a lot of avocado on my load, which I will do again. I am certain you will lose some dramatic weight in the first week and then it slows down, but if you look at it all losses are good losses you will see it continue to move and you will be excited about the inches you are losing as well. Things to remember, which I think are important try to eat on a more regular schedule it you can, prepare ahead of time like you are doing that helps out a lot. Remember to eat a different protein and veggie at each meal and you may want to read Pounds and Inches, the protocol that came with our drops is a little more rogue than the actual protocol that most are following. I also say getting in your water and sleep are way important...keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    by the way, just click on someone's ticker and it will send you to the place to make your own

April thanks for the ticker info I think I got it now. Yes I tried to limit my carbs too. I resisted the temptation to buy a box of hostess cupcakes and eat them, since I figured that indulgence would be worthless from what I've heard everyone else say about loading. That's why I got so many chicken wings and mozerella sticks yesterday I was trying to load on proteins mainly. Thanks for the tips about eating on a regular schedule I'm going to try, my school schedule isn't so bad right now so I can probably swing it. I didn't know I was supposed to be eating a different protein and veggie at each meal. I definitely need to read up more. I'm just going off of what I hear on here and the little book that came with my drops so far, but I really need to read pounds and inches, I'm just so bad about reading lol. I'm sure it will be worth it though! I'll keep you posted.

Blog Entries
    I skimmed it..mainly focused on the diet part rather the theory behind. Remember no question is a dumb question..just ask and someone on this forum will know the answer.

Hi Shanty, Good job getting started! I can't wait to see the pounds simply melt off of you. And the great news is, once you're past week one and adjusted to the drops and meals, you will have a good amount of energy from all the FAT you're releasing. It's so nice for that stuff to finally give something back, lol.

Remember to drink your water ~ seriously.

Welcome Shanty! You have found a great place for information and encouragement. These girls are GREAT!

Email me for fb info, happyvaljoy@gmail.com
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! Definitely read the P&I "The Diet" there's about 2 1/2 pages you really need to know, it'll make it much easier! So excited to watch your Journey!

Blog Entries
    I am so excited for you, 40lbs is a huge goal though make sure you give yourself smaller goals for little treats...a new hat, earrings, hair color. It helps with the motivation, and it is always fun to treat ourselves. I hope you have amazing results and remember that bite may taste good now but you will regret it on the scale.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast