Exclamation Halloween Strategies and Support!!

It is that time of year!!! Lord help me.

That may be the only strategy I employ this year as a matter of fact - just pray my booty off! I'm terrified of the candy in the house... they are so little ... like tiny babies . . . how can they be so evil

Help! What are your strategies?

Simple Jenni.... don't even give yourself an option... just say NO. I only bought enough for the 'little ones' that come first... so only enough for about an hour... when it's gone, it's gone. Not even thinking of it as a temptation. Shouldn't torture yourself like this.....
    Carpe Diem !

It's Halloween AND my son's birthday today, so I've been bombarded with sweets around here BUT, like reetpeteet said, I just didn't even give myself an option. AND I keep reminding myself this is a short period of time out of years and years of my life (more years now that I'm taking care of this extra weight!) so not to even feel sorry for myself.

As everyone at the table was eating pizza, cupcakes, cookies and candy today, someone asked me, "Doesn't it bother you that you can have any of this?" as I sat there eating my lean ground beef burger with just the burger lol, and I said "nope! It doesn't bother me one bit because I know this is just for a short time. I can eat all those foods again, one day, in moderation again."

Really, what are we missing out on? Some taste that we just crap out again. lol Really!

Seeing myself getting healthy again (even if I feel worn right out this week) is SO much better then eating some junk.

Blog Entries
    I would buy only enough to give out, I am lucky where we live we do not get trick or treaters (we living in the mountains). I would give all of it away, not just a few pieces at a time but dump it in kids bags..just get it out of the house. I am not sure how old your kids are, or if you have to worry about their bags being in the house. But my gf has her son pick out a few faves and then the Halloween fairy or whatever takes the candy in the middle of the night and leaves a gift instead. Depending on the age and short notice..you could get gc's for them to go and buy something then take the candy out of the house. I usually dump it in a bowl at work for my co-workers who will eat it all in a short period of time..or heck...throw it away. Who cares. I know it is wasteful, but better in the trash on your butt.

Blog Entries
    WE have had halloween candy in our house for almost a month now not to mention the $100 worth of full size candy bars the BF boght for his lunches. The halloween candy has been sitting on the counter every day since we bought it and I have not even touched it once. I have been tempted but its not an option if I want to keep this weight off and really have no craving of wanting to eat any of it. Hang in there you can push through this day and all the rest to come.