Thread: Breakfast

Breakfast

Hi All,

I noticed in the original protocol it was noted that only coffee or tea is to be consumed for breakfast. I always ate breakfast.

Every diet or meal plan I tried always stressed the importance of eating a healthy breakfast. I also know I am very tired towards late morning if I skip.

So my question is what is everyone's experience with this? i really do not want to be sluggish all of the time

Well, when I first started, I couldn't drink green tea in the morning wo being nauseous (afternoon is much better). I also went through a dr my first time and was on the drop. She suggested I added an extra protein so everyday I eat 3 eggwhite with 1 whole egg spinach omelet. You may want to try that.

You also may want to try adding a non sugar B12 supplement (either drops or pill) to help with energy level if you're worried about feeling sluggish. I take PURE b12 in the morning that I purchased off of amazon.

Also, you can try to stick with the protocol for a couple days first and if you feel like you just have to have breakfast, do the omelet. Just got to make sure that everything you eat including the eggs comes out to about 500 calories per day.

Blog Entries
    I am a breakfast lover so this part was hard for me to wrap my brain around too. I found that I was not hungry in the mornings and I just drank my black coffee and water until around noon when I would have lunch. If you are hungry in the mornings or lack energy, you may want to eat your fruit in the morning and skip it at lunch or dinner. I agree, just try to stick to the protocol and see how you feel for a few days before you start making changes.

Blog Entries
    I cannot drink water on an empty stomach..water is actually really hard on your stomach. Throughout both of my rounds I had 1-2 hard boiled egg whites and skipped my breadstick/melba. I thought it helped to settle my tummy in the morning and then I would eat an apple about 10. I found that helped me a lot. I get up at 445 so that is a long time to go until lunch.

Blog Entries
    I never ate breakfast and I get up at 3am and wouldn't have anything to eat until 11am when I would have my lunch.

All I can say is there is a reason behind everything Dr. Simeons does in his protocol, we may not get it but he does and it works. I say try it out and see how it works for you before you go tweaking it.