Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Sherri's Journey

Hi Everyone! I’m SO excited to be starting this new journey!Reading everyone’s posts and results has me pumped up to LOSE!!

I’m 51 years old and for the last ten years it seems like Ihave just been accumulating the pounds, despite exercise and diet after diet….so frustrating. In 2010, I managed to lose 35 lbs by walking 6 MILES a DAY and diligently sticking to 1200-1500 calories. It took me 4 months. I hit a plateau at 140 lbs, maintained it for 9 months then, through summer camping trips and not paying attention to the scale, most of it eventually came back. So, here I am, back in Size 12/14 jeans, even though I exercise and eat very clean 90% of the time. When I start a new diet, the results are so slow that I usually get discouraged and give up.The last straw was Jan 9th, I fractured my foot while running. L

One of the guys at work was on the HCG diet and lost 35 lbs…Iwas so impressed, not to mention jealous! Here I work my butt off for months ata time and fail to see any significant results and he does this one diet and in a month or so loses 35 lbs! (Without busting his butt in the gym)

I grilled him for information on the diet, then did a bunch of my own research on the internet and was so excited by what I was reading. I also read Dr. Simeon’s book. Hallelujah…maybe there is hope for me! I saw the doctor about it last week; he is supposed to get me started on the injections a tmy appointment this Wednesday (1/30/13).

I ran across this site in my research and am so impressed with the support and valuable information. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom or encouragement, I’m all ears! And thanks for listening to me ramble on….

Sherri

Hey Sherry, based on your history, you definitely have the ability to dig deep to meet your goals! I can't wait to watch your journey. Watch your expectations as it's a roller coaster but have faith, take it one day at a time because it works!!! Welcome

And perhaps a silver lining to the broken foot. The lazier you are, the better this works At least while you're taking the HCG.

Blog Entries
    Hi Sherri and welcome!!

The best advice I can give you is follow Dr Simeons protocol Pounds and Inches to the T and no deviations what so ever! If you are doing injections through your Dr make sure the dose is no higher than 150 iu or you will be starving because anything higher than 150 iu's is way too high and most Dr's like to start their patients at 200 iu for some reason and it's a recipe for disaster!

Measure all protein raw precooked at 3.5 oz, weigh and measure and count calories on all your foods and stay as close to 500 calories as possible.

Drink tons of water daily along with green tea and coffee.

Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night and be as lazy as you possibly can.

Remember any deviation to the protocol of Dr. Simeons can and will cause gains and or stalls and the chance of not stablizing so stick to strict protocol and those lbs and inches will melt right off you!

So lookig forward to watching your amazing journey!

Welcome aboard, Sherri.
    Before I started on HCG I was about to give up on ever being skinny or at least smaller. I tried just about every diet you ever heard of. Some worked others not so well. Even the ones that worked I could not keep the weight off. HCG will have you taking notice what your body is sensitive to and how to change your outlook. Now if I gain I have the tools to take it off, which no diet, life style change, has ever given me.
    Good luck and I will love watching the weight melt off.

Thank you all for your encouragement! I just love reading everyone's journals. They really give me insight as to what I can expect. Tomorrow my doctor will give me the HCG and instructions for the injections. I think I will start Saturday so I can do the pre-load days on the weekend. I'm really excited to get started...sounds crazy to be excited to start such a restrictive diet but I have a lot of hope (thanks to reading what you all have posted) that I can do this and see results!

Blog Entries
    Yes..stevia is allowed. Make sure it is not stevia in the raw..sweetleaf is the best. I found P2 to be easy as can be, there is not much to deviate and it was easier to restrict for me. It is harder for me to eat more. I used to be turned off from diets because they wanted me to snack all the time..that freaked me out. If you have read my journal..I am an under eater (though in my family I would be considered an over-eater)..tells you where food ranks in my family basically just enough to survive on.

Blog Entries
    Yes stevia is allowed and like April said make sure you get the sweet leaf stevia. There are tons of flavors you can get too so it makes it a little more fun for adding to coffee, water and foods. I shop around online and buy mine and it seems to be way cheaper for me to order online then to buy in the stores.

When you load for your 2 days make sure you load with lots of good fats and also make sure you add some carbs in. Loading is super important and what gets your fats stores jump started to start dropping the fats fast. I always say eat, eat, eat and when you don't think you can eat any more eat some ice cream to finish off your night and fil any empty spaces left in your belly.

Blog Entries
    welcome to the forum

Went to my doctor yesterday and he gave me HCG and showed me how to inject. Lots easier than I thought it would be and doesn't hurt at all. I plan to start the injections Saturday so I can pre-load on Super Bowl weekend.

This doctor's protocol varies a little from Simeons', so I'm not sure but I think after reading everyone's success in following Simeons, I should probably follow that. For instance, my Doc says to mix veggies and allows almost any vegetable except starchy ones. He allows broccoli, which Simeons' doesn't (but I wonder why...broccoli seems pretty harmless). My doctor also advocates exercise and light weight training to keep muscle tone. I told him that I had read a lot of people saying that they retain water and gain when they exercise. He said, "So what? It's only water and more importantly you will be burning fat, which is the whole point." Makes sense. But I'm not sure what I will do.

So, what are your thoughts?

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast